Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Sorna

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    wolfy nature

overeager/misguided villager

Look I'm not trying to cause ructions here, but you basically contradicted yourself in the one sentence.

You voted for him, finished the day with your vote on him, even after his 'claim'. I just don't see the need to caveat your read here with a villager tag at the end unless you're trying to hedge your bets.

The reason I questioned your first post was because it looked like you were trying to call him the same level of villager that Clodagh is. But if you believed that, you wouldn't have voted for him

Ah right.

Well I tried to reason with Gabriel in detail at the time that Clodagh was likely someone who made a typo. Sure, we should be discussing it, but not let it confine us for the evening. Gab had the thread doing experiments on their personailsed smart-phones, and we were getting nowhere.

I still feel that Angus, along with Steve, are worth looking at as 2 posters who came in late and tried to sway decisions before the vote. Yes, Steve made more of an effort and earlier, but he went from 'gotta catch-up here' to hardened opinions very quickly.

So I won't hedge my bets, I believe all that from Gabriel to be wolfy behaviour. Also think Steve and Angus are worth keeping an eye on.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    There could be 2 tbh. A priest and an apprentice priest. We only get to Nublar if we kill the wolves here and if that doesn't happen then we learn nothing. I do think there is priests out there for both islands.

Doesn't the OP say that we could be transported back to Nublar before all wolves are eliminated here?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Doesn't the OP say that we could be transported back to Nublar before all wolves are eliminated here?

Yeah you are right.
    "If you eliminate all the wolves on this island, you will return to the main island.
    You may be returned to the main island before all the wolves are eliminated."

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I still haven’t got my head around that either. If we have to kill all the baddies to get off this island then that means we’re never joining up with the other players again so this is just 2 separate games completely?????

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I get ya now. Think the handler had a hand <geddit?> in the activation failing.

Possible. We’re sort of guessing on top of guesses at that he moment though

• Advertisement

So, going on theories shared today let's look at possible numbers and roles...

13 players 12 post lynch.

- OP hints at head of security, possible bodyguard with us here on Sorna.
    - OP hints at importance of handler, possibly one of those here also.
    - Clodagh has claimed Tim Murphy, named park visitor but not roled.
    - Gabriel has claimed 'good role'.
    - 8 players remaining after the above 4 are taken out, with possibly up to 3 wolves (raptors?) in that 8.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Just caught up with the prelynch stuff, ewan looked rattled after eva questioned him on the ffa i not sure if he was bad though but people have been lynched for worse on day1, could ewan be linked to the activation thing?

Gabriel with that bs about having a good role but not sharing and then saying they hope the wolf wins is a slam dunk for being a wolf , he also outed a role in gerty by constantly nipping at the alan thing when we accepted it was a phone mistake

Activation blocked means tasks have been in play then i assume unless its like target x player from using power, what it has blocked im not sure, i think there is more info in the starter pack that i need to read over again there has to be more info we are missing in there as they went to a lot of trouble in making it

Good to see steve,angus and mary join the conversation

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Just caught up with the prelynch stuff, ewan looked rattled after eva questioned him on the ffa i not sure if he was bad though but people have been lynched for worse on day1, could ewan be linked to the activation thing?

Gabriel with that bs about having a good role but not sharing and then saying they hope the wolf wins is a slam dunk for being a wolf , he also outed a role in gerty by constantly nipping at the alan thing when we accepted it was a phone mistake

Activation blocked means tasks have been in play then i assume unless its like target x player from using power, what it has blocked im not sure, i think there is more info in the starter pack that i need to read over again there has to be more info we are missing in there as they went to a lot of trouble in making it

Good to see steve,angus and mary join the conversation

Do you mean Clodagh here instead of Gerty?

Granted, he may have been facing the noose in his mind, but Gabriel's 'final' utterances just before 9pm leave a bit to be desired for a goodie.

Yea ment clodagh

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Notes from the welcome pack - 7 HR roles with no pictures - Cant think what relevance it might have but odd there were no pictures. 3/3/1 split would indicate baddies teams /SK? Maybe Im reading too much into it, just an odd thing in a comprehensive pack.

I would of thought we wouldn't be that long on this island. If we were here for days by the time we get back to the mainland we would have no clue who was good/bad and no readings on guests. Would be very difficult to lynch anybody with no reference point.

on the welcome pack it has Tuesdays 11am - Raptor Pen - Might that be the next munch at which stage we flee this island back to the mainland ?

I had only two posts earlier but eluded to this information and suggested we might not be that long on this island. Nobody responded.

My #FFA1

Mary – Very quiet, has posted on both main thread and this one, her post 59 on main thread was interesting in that she wants to be hidden and ignored, I know it’s said jokingly but it might have some inner truth
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    Told ye there was no chance steve would be mod killed jeez guys relax..

FFA1.

Mary - post haven't been fluff but have seemed like just trying to play along and go under the radar. A post yesterday about asking people have they read or thanked there own posts seemed really off I mean you cant thank your own posts. So it felt like she was trying to say something non descript but it didn't make a lot of sense to me at least.

Clodagh - The alan thing doesn't really add up for me I mean, If we take her to be someone who has played the game before and then take them as someone who uses there phone while playing the chances of them never having mentione

I accidentally edited the last few worlds of Nigel’s post by accident but I’ve left the post for reference to the fact that he was sold on Gabriel’s theory on Clodagh.

So neither of these two mentioned my previous posts in this thread that weren’t fluff by any stretch or the bits in them but were happy to focus on a joke or silly comment I made in the main thread?

It’s not definite but I don’t see any awful lot I posted this morning or yesterday that warranted being on their FFAs anymore then people who hadn’t actually posted!

Also find Gabriel’s absence suspicious. If they were a wolf that thought they were rumbled leaving us think they were good leaves us getting Clodagh if we don’t get told their role. If they are good and not munched in morning it’s even more suspicious. Think it’s a wait and see what happens there. They are either putting together their wolf plan to explain what goody they are or hoping the wolves decide somebody else is more important.

• Advertisement

From the OP

Please feel free to explore the research facility you now stand in. You are free to view any of the lab rooms and dinosaur enclosures that you wish, but please do not engage with the dinosaur handlers. They are a touch upset at the moment with an issue in the living quarters, and might not be especially receptive to unscheduled visitors! And after all they do control the dinosaurs on the island, so we need them focused on keeping the dinosaurs safely inside their pens.

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop into our paleontology department for insight into dinosaurs that are here at the park. If you have any safety concerns, you can speak to our head of security.

Paleontologist = Seer?
    Security = Bodyguard?

If we keep the handlers happy eg: don’t lynch them, they keep the Dino’s in their pens?

From the OP

Please feel free to explore the research facility you now stand in. You are free to view any of the lab rooms and dinosaur enclosures that you wish, but please do not engage with the dinosaur handlers. They are a touch upset at the moment with an issue in the living quarters, and might not be especially receptive to unscheduled visitors! And after all they do control the dinosaurs on the island, so we need them focused on keeping the dinosaurs safely inside their pens.

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop into our paleontology department for insight into dinosaurs that are here at the park. If you have any safety concerns, you can speak to our head of security.

Paleontologist = Seer?
    Security = Bodyguard?

If we keep the handlers happy eg: don’t lynch them, they keep the Dino’s in their pens?

Does BG still protect if they are killed? IE can we rule out ewan was BG?

So, going on theories shared today let's look at possible numbers and roles...

13 players 12 post lynch.

- OP hints at head of security, possible bodyguard with us here on Sorna.
    - OP hints at importance of handler, possibly one of those here also.
    - Clodagh has claimed Tim Murphy, named park visitor but not roled.
    - Gabriel has claimed 'good role'.
    - 8 players remaining after the above 4 are taken out, with possibly up to 3 wolves (raptors?) in that 8.

That looks a good summation of the situation
    If the bg is here they shouldn't wasit their protection on gabriel's weak claim

From the OP

Paleontologist = Seer?
    Security = Bodyguard?

I was wondering about Seer = paleontologist, not sure, but I reckon security = bodyguard.

I do like your theory about the handlers/lynch. Only thing is, I would have thought that it relates to that failed activation; We didn't lynch a handler in Ewan, so the wolves didn't get to activate a new member.

As regards the handler and munches, I'm not sure if they are related. I mean, the wolves could still get their munch whether we lynch their handler or not. I guess we'll see in the morning.

Does BG still protect if they are killed? IE can we rule out ewan was BG?

I don’t think so as they don’t put in their protect order until after the lynch. Does that sound right?

I wouldn’t be so fast in saying his claim is weak just yet.

Yeah, plus I didn't mean to presume that Gabriel was good because of his claim.

So rather than 3 wolves out of 8 players, it could be 3 from 9.

At this stage I have to start making some assumptions/conclusions about roles in this game, so for now I'm thinking we've 3 goodies identified/outlined out of 12 players - head of security, handler and Clodagh. I'm still buying Clodagh's Tim Murphy claim for now.

tell me more about Tim Murphy

tell me more about Tim Murphy

I think he's the little boy from the brother/sister protagonist pair in the first movie.

Clodagh claimed him when the heat was building before the lynch. Nobody counter-claimed, and it was generally taken as sound for now.

Clodagh says she doesn't have a role (power) at this moment, just the character name.

I had only two posts earlier but eluded to this information and suggested we might not be that long on this island. Nobody responded.

I accidentally edited the last few worlds of Nigel’s post by accident but I’ve left the post for reference to the fact that he was sold on Gabriel’s theory on Clodagh.

So neither of these two mentioned my previous posts in this thread that weren’t fluff by any stretch or the bits in them but were happy to focus on a joke or silly comment I made in the main thread?

It’s not definite but I don’t see any awful lot I posted this morning or yesterday that warranted being on their FFAs anymore then people who hadn’t actually posted!

Also find Gabriel’s absence suspicious. If they were a wolf that thought they were rumbled leaving us think they were good leaves us getting Clodagh if we don’t get told their role. If they are good and not munched in morning it’s even more suspicious. Think it’s a wait and see what happens there. They are either putting together their wolf plan to explain what goody they are or hoping the wolves decide somebody else is more important.

You had 2 posts in this thread when i made my ffa and the ones on the main stuck out more to me, i do think now though that your interactions with gabriel show you in a better light

• Advertisement

I think he's the little boy from the brother/sister protagonist pair in the first movie.

Clodagh claimed him when the heat was building before the lynch. Nobody counter-claimed, and it was generally taken as sound for now.

Clodagh says she doesn't have a role (power) at this moment, just the character name.

I believe clodagh but just regarding counter claiming, if the role is in the other village we won't learn anything until we regroup up

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I believe clodagh but just regarding counter claiming, if the role is in the other village we won't learn anything until we regroup up

Ya this Clodagh has a pass for now

There is that.

I've been keeping an eye on the other island 1) just for that purpose, and 2) To see if I can learn anything about the game/roles/mechanics from it.

I wouldn't call it required reading, but useful all the same.

You had 2 posts in this thread when i made my ffa and the ones on the main stuck out more to me, i do think now though that your interactions with gabriel show you in a better light

tenor.gif

Im gonna get some sleep.

Night all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Can someone remind me is there a rule that mentions talking about the other Island?

Lads seriously drop the other island talk. There will be no more warnings

Can someone remind me is there a rule that mentions talking about the other Island?

200w_d.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I assume on reading up about Tim that my sister is around. Whether she is one of you lot or I lost her at the beginning when we were all on Nublar. Since I have no specific thing to do, I would imagine from previous games I need to find my sister or something. I am sure it will be revealed.

Something might happen today at 11am as there is a thing on the feeding schedule. Not sure how it works as we are not on Nublar anymore, but assume the island that has raptors on it will need fed.
    I may die at the munch, that is if the wolves are not interested in looking for bigger roles than me. Just have to wait and see. I wonder if the Raptors is a SK kill as it is later than the morning munch?

Morning

I think the same as you Clodagh that your meant to find your sister. I don’t believe she’s on this island though.

With regards to the 11am feeding, this is from the OP.....

We keep mostly herbivorous dinosaurs on this island, but for any who are interested, the raptor pen can be found in the east wing of this building.

• Advertisement

All due respect, but I'm just trying to figure out how to play your game.

So in this specific case mods...

If someone claimed the role of Tim Murphy on the other island, which goes against what our Clodagh says in here and therefore could be very important, we couldn't address that?

Not just Clodagh/Tim, if any player claims a role here and it is countered on the other island, we cannot discuss this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement