Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Sorna

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I’m crap at using gifs when on the phone. My opening post of a roar was the best I could do.

I know, but then you followed it up with another roar. Could have been task for raptors. Look, I'm not setting my stall out on this, just a thought since you were here to answer.

Also, I'm thinking that there could be one wolf among the high posters; Clodagh has her claim for now, I know I'm good, so that leaves you :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I’m crap at using gifs when on the phone. My opening post of a roar was the best I could do.
    Is that the best you can do? I accidently post Alan instead of Ewan and the world almost explodes?

If it was gonna happen, it would have happened by now.

Inside knowledge Orla? you handling these dinos?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I can’t see red on phone. Could you bold them or list them separately?

Orla 64
    Gertrude 47
    Clodagh 44
    Mary 25
    Fiona 25

These are the only people who posted today. If a wolf isn't in this list then every wolf has followed the same "keep quiet" strategy. Not impossible I suppose but just a thought.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Listen the Gif thing isn't an awful lot to go on and this could end up being another "Alangate".

But you did post the GIF which means you know how to post GIFS. I played a strategy once where I was a baddy and posted "Im obviously a baddy" stuff that actually worked in my favour . . I mean who would be stupid enough to paint a target on their head with blindingly obvious hints ?!

Im "meh" on this rabbithole to be honest.

What drugs are you on? You need to find this gif I posted Mary. You may be a while though cos there isn’t one!

I think you’ve jumped on the let’s make Orla the scapegoat plan a little prematurely as you haven’t checked that what you’re posting is accurate.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I think Angus needs to come forward, way way too quiet for my liking. I forgot Liam was playing. Going to look at each of these posts and Steve and see if we can see anything suss.

• Advertisement

If it was gonna happen, it would have happened by now.

I know, but that answer is a little too existential for my liking. Already playing this game blind, and the few bits of solid information we do have appear now not so solid.

All the information we were given is pretty limited so there’s a lot of guesswork. Some might be correct and some could be wrong.

We think we have a seer and bg, right? So where does the shot come from this morning? The BG doesn’t have a gun in any other game I’ve played. Where in the welcome pack and op does it allude to another role?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I think Angus needs to come forward, way way too quiet for my liking. I forgot Liam was playing. Going to look at each of these posts and Steve and see if we can see anything suss.

I have mentioned Angus and Steve and their absences since yesterday. I don't want to appear to have an agenda, but the 2 of them showed up yesterday before the lynch and were both quite vocal when they did appear. Nothing since the lynch though. I must check to see who they voted for.

I do not think that they are a team, or should be treated as a pair, but we have to keep them in mind. There's definitely enough (not) going on there for the possibility of one low-lying wolf to be among them.

As for Liam, I don't currently have a read on him. He was participating yesterday evening though.

All the information we were given is pretty limited so there’s a lot of guesswork. Some might be correct and some could be wrong.

We think we have a seer and bg, right? So where does the shot come from this morning? The BG doesn’t have a gun in any other game I’ve played. Where in the welcome pack and op does it allude to another role?

I'm not sure where it alludes to it in the welcome package, but that act this morning very clearly points to a vig kill.

All along so far, I've been presuming that 'head of security' means bodyguard. It could mean vig. We could have a bg and vig here, or just a vig.

Thought the same thing but then asked myself how an activation was blocked last night. Eva had some ideas and I think as a mark of respect, we should investigate those ideas some more.

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    Lynch Votes Night One

Ewan WW - Nigel, Jake, Steve, Eva, Liam
    Gabriel WW - Gerturde, Mary, Clodagh
    Clodagh WW - Gabriel
    Fiona WW - Orla
    Liam WW - Angus
    Mary WW - Fiona
    Nigel WW - Ewan

I had begun a theory regarding above but there are some holes in it.

Why didn't Gabriel come out after "Im a rolled goodie" comment just before last nights lynch?

Gabriel is good: Best scenario is that they thought the wolves wouldn't target them and they could inform us all after munch. An annoying reason could be that they thought "f**k the village" and didn't bother their arses in which case they are the worst rolled villager ever cause they have left us with nothing.

Possible evidence: They voted for Clodagh and didn't change the vote to Ewan. Consistant voting good or did the wolves target Ewan but Gabriel had to maintain vote on Clodagh for appearances ?

But im going to go with baddy for this theory.

So, they are a baddy and they know they are going to have some explaining to do to stay in the game. They know they will survive the munch. They can say they kept quite hoping that by not revealing their role the baddies would focus on an alternative target or something like that. Other baddies (maybe one) could back them up.

So if Gabriel was bad there is a very strong chance there is 2 wolves in the Ewan votes? I think the alternative is the one vote per Orla/Angus/Fiona/Ewan ?

It really would help if we knew the roles of the dead cause its all a shot in the dark.

Angus came in at about 8:30 last night. He was a topic in the thread at the time. After introducing himself with 'Try again ****lord', he offered this...
    Angus wrote:

Right finally caught up,

#FFA1

Liam - Most of his posts are general stuff, conjecture on mechanics and rules, very little real interaction on players but likes both of Eva's posts slating Ewan.

Gabriel - Stands out as being in a world of fluff but ive been skimming the last 3 pages or so to get in before the Lynch so might have missed a bit.

Ewan - Think Eva might have nailed him, I'm more suspicious of his posting since Eva started that tirade, implosions and "well one of you must be a wolf at this stage" is very stroppy and reeks of wolf to me.

Not 100% on Cloadghs typo or role claim, there's a lot of more common words that are closer in spelling to Ewan than Alan, bigger dinos to fry tonight though so I'm going to sit on this for now.

Angus ended up voting for Liam in the lynch.

I'll have a look at Steve's last activity now...

Straight away without anything else, it's interesting to note that Steve proposed a CFD on Ewan at about 8.30pm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Why wasn’t Clodagh killed ?

If the grave robber stole the power from Ewan, wouldn’t that have happened last night.

The timing to me suggests it was Gabriel who had the power. His whole strop last night ties in with the OP about leaving the handlers alone. Could Gabriel be the one who was holding the button and whilst he was left alone, the baddies were controlled including not getting an activation last night?

Is the grave robber the handlers apprentice who retrieved the button of dead Gabriel and is angry that he was killed?

Jake WW wrote: »

I can think of a couple of reasons

- Outed player who people trust - is not munched and now they don't trust like you bringing it up and a wolf can go after Clodagh like you are doing now
    - they might think she is an unimportant character/role
    - They thought Eva was more important as an insightful player/character

The question is how risky was it for a person to reveal a role on day 1 when there could easily be a counter claim ?

Not just that, it was role where there could be potentially 2 characters (brother and sister) in the game who could expose the lie.This is important when weighing up the reveal "strategy"

If I was a baddy and thought I was for the chop I would go with seer or priest. Force a good valuable role to come out and buy me a few more days. Or even pick a weaker character from the movie that would be less likely to be used.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

You tell us

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    You tell us

Because she’s a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

My thoughts were just focusing on those posting this morning, I think I highlighted anybody who has posted today. Unless all the wolves decided to keep quiet before, during and after munch?

I see what you're driving at Mary and I'm with you

I accidentally edited the last few worlds of Nigel’s post by accident but I’ve left the post for reference to the fact that he was sold on Gabriel’s theory on Clodagh.

Editing someone elses post when you quote and mentioning it instead of fixing it jumped out at me as odd last night Mary, in a game where we're expecting tasks, this is making me wonder.

You have reasons for picking Eva over Clodagh too, will be keeping a closer eye out as I thought you had a very good D1 otherwise

• Advertisement

Because she’s a wolf.

Do you think so? I thought she had a good d1, even with Alangate and the claim

Angus came in at about 8:30 last night. He was a topic in the thread at the time. After introducing himself with 'Try again ****lord', he offered this...

But if Angus had actually read my posts, he wouldn't have given the read he gave in his FFA. He's either a wolf who made a throwaway vote for appearances or a really **** villager

If the grave robber stole the power from Ewan, wouldn’t that have happened last night.

The timing to me suggests it was Gabriel who had the power. His whole strop last night ties in with the OP about leaving the handlers alone. Could Gabriel be the one who was holding the button and whilst he was left alone, the baddies were controlled including not getting an activation last night?

Is the grave robber the handlers apprentice who retrieved the button of dead Gabriel and is angry that he was killed?

I think its a great theory but:
    duffman13 wrote: »
    A split in the park visitors made one visitor feel very anxious. Strength by numbers was the best mantra in his opinion. He felt glad he'd managed to sneak a pistol on to the island. As the day had worn he'd become very suspicious about one particular visitor and his motives. Taking his gun from his pocket he decided he'd follow his gut. He found the visitor staring in to distance looking at the world go by.

Without a second thought he lifted the gun and popped Gabriel in the back of the head. Gabriel WW is dead
    Pter wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

During the depths of the night, someone crept into the morgue that was holding the remains of the fallen and took an item from one of their effects.

A players power(s) have been taken.

Why an hour delay between the apprentice getting his powers ? Doesn't an APP seer just automatically get the powers? The wording is quite an ambiguous "crept into the morgue" so it certainly could be an apprentice grabbing the control powers for raptor.

I like your theory but the delay is a bit odd.

Are you trying to out someone here ?

Did you find that GIF yet, Mary?

Because she’s a wolf.

An uncountered claim of a character who is most certainly in the game. Lets hope we'll have the islands merge before worrying about that possibility

Steve arrived in at 6.45pm, with a better late than never comment.

At 6.47pm, he said he still had to catch-up on at the least this thread...
    Steve wrote:
    of course. hectic weekend. still not back to normal. now to catch up. will read this thread and then dip into the main 1

14 minutes later at 7.01pm, his mind was on Gabriel's post which said "I'm going to go through everyone's post history to see if I can spot any tasks"...
    any luck with that?

That struck me as odd. Steve goes from needing to catch-up on possibly 2 threads, to randomly wondering about Gabriel's post in 13 minutes. Gabriel made this post in that 6.47-7.01pm window where Steve said he'd be catching up on various threads.

His next activity is 2 minutes later at 7.03pm, when all catching-up is apparently complete and an interest has been taken in Ewan. Ewan asked the village would he collate FFAs, and Steve responded...
    what a nice offer ewan. did you collect a few villager brownie points i wonder

For someone who has been missing so much of the game, for a villager/goodie who you might think would try to be helpful now that they are here, a potshot at Ewan is an unusual starting point.

Steve then went on to engage with other players where he seemed genuinely interested in helping to figure out the roles and wolf teams. He also explained that he had caught up on the Sorna thread, but not the original Nublar thread.

He implied that he was thinking between Ewan and Clodagh for the lynch, but considering Gabriel too for jumping on Clodagh. 8.12pm...
    ewan aint a bad shout either. i'm leaning towards those 2 (Ewan and Clodagh). and gabriel, for jumping on clodagh.

i think a goodie would spot the alan and think goodie dropping a hint, and ignore it on thread. a baddie, not so much.

So, Steve is thinking of voting Clodagh for the Alan/Ewan episode, but also thinking of voting Gabriel for jumping on Clodagh in the first place? :confused: That makes no sense, unless I'm misunderstanding it.

He proposes the CFD on Ewan.

His last posts before the lynch were an endorsement of Clodagh's claim, and some more taunting of Ewan. Unless I'm missing a post, he hasn't been around since then.

I'm currently very torn on Steve.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Editing someone elses post when you quote and mentioning it instead of fixing it jumped out at me as odd last night Mary, in a game where we're expecting tasks, this is making me wonder.

You have reasons for picking Eva over Clodagh too, will be keeping a closer eye out as I thought you had a very good D1 otherwise

I highlighted the fact that I had edited the post. If that's a task good luck with that theory. .

Its nice the village has players who are good at sitting on the side lines to keep an eye out, while not overly engaging which makes it harder to get a read on them . .

Did you find that GIF yet, Mary?

:confused:

• Advertisement

Angus had the two lead wagons amongst his list of wolves and threw away his vote on me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement