Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Sorna

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Steve arrived in at 6.45pm, with a better late than never comment.

At 6.47pm, he said he still had to catch-up on at the least this thread...

14 minutes later at 7.01pm, his mind was on Gabriel's post which said "I'm going to go through everyone's post history to see if I can spot any tasks"...

That struck me as odd. Steve goes from needing to catch-up on possibly 2 threads, to randomly wondering about Gabriel's post in 13 minutes. Gabriel made this post in that 6.47-7.01pm window where Steve said he'd be catching up on various threads.

His next activity is 2 minutes later at 7.03pm, when all catching-up is apparently complete and an interest has been taken in Ewan. Ewan asked the village would he collate FFAs, and Steve responded...

For someone who has been missing so much of the game, for a villager/goodie who you might think would try to be helpful now that they are here, a potshot at Ewan is an unusual starting point.

Steve then went on to engage with other players where he seemed genuinely interested in helping to figure out the roles and wolf teams. He also explained that he had caught up on the Sorna thread, but not the original Nublar thread.

He implied that he was thinking between Ewan and Clodagh for the lynch, but considering Gabriel too for jumping on Clodagh. 8.12pm...

So, Steve is thinking of voting Clodagh for the Alan/Ewan episode, but also thinking of voting Gabriel for jumping on Clodagh in the first place? :confused: That makes no sense, unless I'm misunderstanding it.

He proposes the CFD on Ewan.

His last posts before the lynch were an endorsement of Clodagh's claim, and some more taunting of Ewan. Unless I'm missing a post, he hasn't been around since then.

I'm currently very torn on Steve.

A couple of votes might bring him in. Though I'm currently voting Angus

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Listen the Gif thing isn't an awful lot to go on and this could end up being another "Alangate".

But you did post the GIF which means you know how to post GIFS. I played a strategy once where I was a baddy and posted "Im obviously a baddy" stuff that actually worked in my favour . . I mean who would be stupid enough to paint a target on their head with blindingly obvious hints ?!

Im "meh" on this rabbithole to be honest.

Ahem, Mary.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Why wasn’t Clodagh killed ?
    I can think of a couple of reasons

- Outed player who people trust - is not munched and now they don't trust like you bringing it up and a wolf can go after Clodagh like you are doing now
    - they might think she is an unimportant character/role
    - They thought Eva was more important as an insightful player/character

The question is how risky was it for a person to reveal a role on day 1 when there could easily be a counter claim ?

Not just that, it was role where there could be potentially 2 characters (brother and sister) in the game who could expose the lie.This is important when weighing up the reveal "strategy"

If I was a baddy and thought I was for the chop I would go with seer or priest. Force a good valuable role to come out and buy me a few more days. Or even pick a weaker character from the movie that would be less likely to be used.

My thinking too Mary when I saw Jake's question.

You can imagine the wolves BR reaction - "We left Clodagh alive but they don't think she's a wolf like we planned...what now?"

I'd say Eva was munched because as she predicted, she was chatty and therefore helpful to the village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Ahem, Mary.

Ah I see, you didn't post any GIF. Well I wasn't sold on the GIF thing anyways, you could of just said it. .

Also Orla I really like your App handler theory but why do you think there was nearly an hour delay between handing over ? It could be flavour but seems like it was more like somebody stealing powers as opposed to just automatically getting them.

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »
    Angus had the two lead wagons amongst his list of wolves and threw away his vote on me.

Wolves will try to blend in with wagons, but they will also try to spread their votes because going all in with the wagons could be suicide later in the game when people start looking back at the votes.

Same as.

That's the second genie appearance from Angus in the last 16 hours.

He or Steve need to go IMO, then we can worry about wolves who are more outspoken among our group.

I think its a great theory but:

Why an hour delay between the apprentice getting his powers ? Doesn't an APP seer just automatically get the powers? The wording is quite an ambiguous "crept into the morgue" so it certainly could be an apprentice grabbing the control powers for raptor.

I like your theory but the delay is a bit odd.

I dunno. Two islands + munch time on both + notifying new roled player + setting up new back rooms = time delay?

There is also the high chance that I’m totally off the mark with my theory :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Why wasn’t Clodagh killed ?
    Because she’s a wolf.

Got a good LOL here Jake. Why on earth would the wolves waste a munch on me when there are possibly THREE roles out there that can endanger them?

Seer
    Vig
    BG
    You are looking very wolfy bringing this up again.

Oh and hi everyone we mentioned that wasn't posting. Come out from the safety of the back rooms?

Had to go feed some small people some jello so hadn't got round to looking at the ones I said. Have some work to get through first then on to it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Derry and Holly sure are lucky they took the other boat.

hey guys :)
    If there is a jester, he could have his own win condition that is separate to all other conditions. i.e. there could be 2 winners ( jester + whatever team).

We should worry less about any possible Jesters imo and just worry about finding wolves
    Because they are both wolves
    okay, this is weird. My posts are disappearing

And when I press the return key, it appears to be not working, but then when posts are created, there is a ton of space between lines ala above ^^
    Because they are both wolves.
    Well now I have a stupid double post because of disappearing posts
    Well as has been noted I haven't really interacted with anyone from this island.

I think you are the only one I have even talked about, but that's in relation to Derry's case against you that he later retracted. I have no read on you from it though
    I'm really glad you posted this Nigel.

When I was catching up on the main thread this morning, there were a couple of posts that pinged my potential lost wolfdar. I didn't get to post because by the time I got to the end of the thread I noticed it had been locked.

A poster was asking people to roar and to me, it seemed like a signal attempt with 2 people following up on that potential signal

Posts number 422,423 and 436 from the main thread

The posters in question were Des, Orla and Doris.

If the lost wolf mechanic materialises, then 2 out of 3 are definitely wolves imo - I'd lean strongest towards Des(main wolf team) and Doris(lost wolf?). Orla less so but not impossible

(I'm putting kids to bed - I'll be happy to discuss further in about an hour when I get them down)
    FFA

Jake
    Ewan
    Orla

I don't believe for a second that Jake is some newb who has no idea whats going on. The manner of his posting seems cold and calculated and hes doing everything in his power to be as anti-village as he can possibly be. he hasn't made a single read on anyone on the island. His Nigel stance "was a joke" but he has no thoughts on the people who are calling him out for it. He only pops up when his name is mentioned. Hows the feels in wolf chat Jake ?

Ewan wasn't on my radar at all until Eva's FFA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kgs8zpS3F0

Orla - I'm very sceptical of the roar thing. I was on the same wavelength as Nigel though coming at it from different angles. If there is a lost wolf mechanic, the roar is a great way of trying to locate that wolf.
    They might have tried to take a nibble, but you decided to take a CHOMP back.
    This talk about Mary, talking about Mary, reading up on Mary, thanking Mary is confusing.

Is there something about Mary ?
    He has no posts. He's self-resolving.
    Ah wolves, so predictable - they only enter threads when they see their names
    lolangus
    you have read approximately 3 of my posts if you think that's all I have done.

but your outrage is noted
    In fairness to Steve, he did give us a couple of hours and the guts of 20 posts

Angus came in quite late, told us he more or less read nothing and posted an FFA which emphasised that point.

I like his post directed at Ewan
    Do you know what a good example of a wolfy thing to do is

Turn your back on the village when they need you most.
    I'm confused. Are you saying that Gabriel is a wolf or a villager here ?
    I thought it might have been something like someone took a shot and there shot was either blocked or their target was angeled or something like that.

Because if it was something non-deadly (peek, track, whatever), why would the thread get a notification at all.
    so, no read.
    wolfy nature

overeager/misguided villager

Look I'm not trying to cause ructions here, but you basically contradicted yourself in the one sentence.

You voted for him, finished the day with your vote on him, even after his 'claim'. I just don't see the need to caveat your read here with a villager tag at the end unless you're trying to hedge your bets.

The reason I questioned your first post was because it looked like you were trying to call him the same level of villager that Clodagh is. But if you believed that, you wouldn't have voted for him
    I see what you're driving at Mary and I'm with you
    But if Angus had actually read my posts, he wouldn't have given the read he gave in his FFA. He's either a wolf who made a throwaway vote for appearances or a really **** villager
    Are you trying to out someone here ?
    An uncountered claim of a character who is most certainly in the game. Lets hope we'll have the islands merge before worrying about that possibility
    Angus had the two lead wagons amongst his list of wolves and threw away his vote on me.

And all of Liams posts this thread, I still stand that you've done very little other than your FFA, the vast majority is game mechanics or role conjecture.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Families home for the lunchtime rush - I'll be back in a few hours

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    And all of Liams posts this thread, I still stand that you've done very little other than your FFA, the vast majority is game mechanics or role conjecture.

Thanks for that Angus, what a good cow you are :D

I think some of Liam's post hint of a task. The whole Mary thing ended with "there is something about mary"
    Is there not some other film quotes in his posts as well?

Gertie, Orla and Mary d'ye think the Graverobber is good or evil roled? Ye seemed to be the ones discussing it most

Gertie, Orla and Mary d'ye think the Graverobber is good or evil roled? Ye seemed to be the ones discussing it most

I suppose the word "graverobber" doesn't make one think of a good person ?

Clodagh WW wrote: »

I think some of Liam's post hint of a task. The whole Mary thing ended with "there is something about mary"

That 'There's something...' post did strike me as tasky, but I brushed it off as just some stylish posting and a nice fall of the words/ coincidence for Liam.

No Angus, we seem to be the ones most intent on playing the game and therefore have discussed this action which occurred overnight.

I've already said that I've no idea if good stole from bad, if bad stole from good, what the power is, any of that. But I'd love to hear from you on it, or anyone else who hasn't chimed in yet.

Couldn't spot any other quotes there, I wouldn't be the best at spotting them though. I'm suss of Mary tasking too, is there something about Mary is probably a coincidence though.

I guess that we should assume that the wolves stole a power from a dead goodie, and not vice versa.

The wolves already had an activation blocked, surely us villagers wouldn't be lucky enough to steal a power on top of that. So maybe we should presume that Ewan or Gabriel was a roled goodie, and the wolves got hold of their power.

Couldn't spot any other quotes there, I wouldn't be the best at spotting them though. I'm suss of Mary tasking too, is there something about Mary is probably a coincidence though.

I don't mind you being suss at me at all, its good that you are engaging.

But would you mind at least summarising my posts/comments and reasons why you find me sus just so we can easily put it together if for example I get munched in the morning or somebody is able to confirm me as good?

As Gertie said, we are trying to come up with motives and strategies that could be employed by wolves. What am I doing to make you cast shade on me ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

solid analysis gertrude. as i was reading through the thread i was replying to comments as i found them interesting.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

anyways, afternoon y'all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Due to some fire damage to a substation we are running on back up generators.

Please do not be alarmed if the power goes, we are all quite safe

Also, I've been trying to think of a link between JP and There's Something About Mary. I thought that they both might be in the Top 10 grossing films of the 90s, but it turns out TSAM is not in there.

Unless you have other movie titles to go on which Liam used, this could be today's Alangate.

No Angus, we seem to be the ones most intent on playing the game and therefore have discussed this action which occurred overnight.

I've already said that I've no idea if good stole from bad, if bad stole from good, what the power is, any of that. But I'd love to hear from you on it, or anyone else who hasn't chimed in yet.

Defensive, it's only a question... Do you think its good or evil though, I know rightly it could be either but what do you think?

I'm not convinced that a dead persons role was stolen, so I think graverobber is pre-emptive. I would think a role stealer might be good

Steve WW wrote: »
    solid analysis gertrude. as i was reading through the thread i was replying to comments as i found them interesting.

Thanks Steve, I was just trying to provide a balanced account of you and Angus' appearances yesterday.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Due to some fire damage to a substation we are running on back up generators.

Please do not be alarmed if the power goes, we are all quite safe

Isnt this the part in original movie where the electricity goes down and the T-rex (or raptors) realise they can break out of captivity ?

I feel like somebody could die soon . . :(

I don't mind you being suss at me at all, its good that you are engaging.

But would you mind at least summarising my posts/comments and reasons why you find me sus just so we can easily put it together if for example I get munched in the morning or somebody is able to confirm me as good?

As Gertie said, we are trying to come up with motives and strategies that could be employed by wolves. What am I doing to make you cast shade on me ?

It's just the named editing and then having a number of reasons to munch Eva over Clodagh. You're probably not even on my FFA over it but it set alarm bells ringing. I thought your other posts were pro-village so I'm going to stay sthum on it for now.

Defensive, it's only a question... Do you think its good or evil though, I know rightly it could be either but what do you think?

I'm not convinced that a dead persons role was stolen, so I think graverobber is pre-emptive. I would think a role stealer might be good

I'm just going on the flavour and info provided in the mod post. It seems that a power was stolen from a dead person. Apart from leaning towards a wolf stealing a goodie's power, that's all I got.

duffman13 wrote: »
    we are all quite safe

Hmm...we are, yeah.

That raptor feeding I was wondering about could be nigh.

Hmm...we are, yeah.

That raptor feeding I was wondering about could be nigh.

1pm lunchtime ?!!!! :confused:

• Advertisement

Before I might die. Gabriel double posted yesterday too on Nublar thread. May be something may be nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement