Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Sorna

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

In a game of 26 players, I could see up to 7 baddies being possible, more realistically 6.

Those 7 HR positions which are blank, they could be good roles, bad roles, mod personas, it's currently hard to tell.

6 + 1 lost wolf would be my estimate

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

What we don’t know is if Ewan was good or bad and seems stupid to be accusing someone until we have that info.

Ah Liam you are here.

Your FFA of Ewan consisted of referring to Eva’s reasons and linking to a YouTube video. Where was your own thoughts on him?

Oh, and what time did you vote at Liam?

Orla WW wrote: »
    Ah Liam you are here.

Your FFA of Ewan consisted of referring to Eva’s reasons and linking to a YouTube video. Where was your own thoughts on him?

Eva's case was more of a lightbulb moment for me. Eva set a trap for Ewan and Ewan absolutely jumped all over it. I saw the ensnare, Eva saw the ensnare, Nigel saw the ensnare. It was Ewan's reaction to being trapped that seemed wolfy to me. I wasn't giving much detail at the time of the FFA because I wanted to see if Ewan would spew anything, but I thought the Hook, Line and Sinker was adequate enough to equal my thoughts at the time

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    6 + 1 lost wolf would be my estimate

You quoted Gerties post like it was her idea when she was actually responding to my post below:
    Mary WW wrote: »
    Would 7 baddies be a lot for a village ?

Just looking through the welcome pack and there is a hole page with 7 HR positions and no pictures which could be flavour but is kind of odd.

And then responded to Gertie's
    I would reckon that bad stole from bad and the reason for the 1 hour delay was dependant on the person who had been assigned the stealing role not getting the opportunity to announce which power they were stealing until then.

When I had already posted several times on this:
    ON welcome pack page 6 - Velocoraptor - derived from the latin meaning "Swift robber/Bird of prey"

Not conclusive, but certainly close to graverobber on some level.
    I suppose the word "graverobber" doesn't make one think of a good person ?
    Yes Mary, that's a really good point. The welcome pack uses the word "Robber" and we are talking about a grave"robber". . .

But do you know what else could be either flavour or something interesting. The map on the welcome pack is of costa rica. That is 5/6 hours behind GMT. That would mean the raptors "bait" time could mean a 4/5pm bait session this afternoon.

I even had to respond to my own posts because nobody seemed to take any notice . .

Now this could be nothing but considering I sort of highlighted these things several times, you ignored them and went straight in for Gertie quotes I would suggest you could be trying to do one of two things.

One is wolves trying to look like they came up with these ideas to curry flavour with the village

or

Two is to pocket Gertie who is looks like a good, astute villager who would be a handy ally.

Perhaps quoting my own posts is making me mad, but its not an unbelievable strategy for a wolf to try . .

Oh, and what time did you vote at Liam?

I think I might have been first to vote judging by the list of names. Not certain of the time, but around when I posted my FFA - so 8'ish ?

You quoted Gerties post like it was her idea when she was actually responding to my post below:

And then responded to Gertie's

When I had already posted several times on this:

I even had to respond to my own posts because nobody seemed to take any notice . .

Now this could be nothing but considering I sort of highlighted these things several times, you ignored them and went straight in for Gertie quotes I would suggest you could be trying to do one of two things.

One is wolves trying to look like they came up with these ideas to curry flavour with the village

or

Two is to pocket Gertie who is looks like a good, astute villager who would be a handy ally.

Perhaps quoting my own posts is making me mad, but its not an unbelievable strategy for a wolf to try . .

Mary, you are absolutely one of my top villagers.

That I quoted somebody elses posts other than yours is purely coincidental. I just happened to see those posts and I made comments on them. I never even looked at the users

What we don’t know is if Ewan was good or bad and seems stupid to be accusing someone until we have that info.

We don't really have any choice I think. This is the hand that has been dealt to us and we gotta make do the best that we can.

Not getting lynch reveals is hugely pro wolf and such a ****ty mechanic

Mary, you are absolutely one of my top villagers.

That I quoted somebody elses posts other than yours is purely coincidental. I just happened to see those posts and I made comments on them. I never even looked at the users

I shall ponder this response while stroking this cat. .

large_giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I can’t keep up with all these Mary’s, I suppose it was a Mary who said it so that’s something?!

Something about Mary, perhaps ?

I jest, I jest :)

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I'll catch up now, seen eva is dead RIP.

All caught up yet Nigel ?

2 scenarios

If Ewan was good how many baddies voted for him?

If Ewan was bad would a baddie have voted for him to keep some distance?

I must say, I was surprised at Ewans lynch but if Ewan was bad and one wolf went the distancing route, when would they vote?

We don't really have any choice I think. This is the hand that has been dealt to us and we gotta make do the best that we can.

Not getting lynch reveals is hugely pro wolf and such a ****ty mechanic

Yeh, I am with you on that. since ive never actually made up a game and don't understand how there are balances made on each side I don't know how you balance this out.

Effectively a wolf team knows exactly who they have to kill. Of course they want to kill rolled goodies but we are fish in a barrel to them. .

Maybe its a millennial thing ?

8iNmW.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

All caught up yet Nigel ?

nearly

I'm only now seeing this and its hilarious.
    Yes Mary, that's a really good point. The welcome pack uses the word "Robber" and we are talking about a grave"robber". . .

But do you know what else could be either flavour or something interesting. The map on the welcome pack is of costa rica. That is 5/6 hours behind GMT. That would mean the raptors "bait" time could mean a 4/5pm bait session this afternoon.
    But how does the time of this potential munch help us much now mary ?

well Mary, maybe people could pipe up with their suspicions and give us something in case they get eaten later today . . Asides from it helping the village to actually get read on players it also might leave some breadcrumbs as we will at least know who might die is good . ,

fwiw, the Gertrude post I quoted was before these posts. I thought you were saying your posts were before then and I must have intentionally ignored you. I just responded to what I saw first

I’ve just copped that Ewan was our FFA collator. What do we do now?

Ps: I ain’t doing it.

why are you asking if i was caught up on the thread when you werent even caught up on the thread Liam lol

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

That was some multiquote Orla! I almost passed out reading it. Must have taken you a while.

What do you think of Liam and angus our genies?

Nigel, what time did you vote for Ewan?

• Advertisement

2 scenarios

I must say, I was surprised at Ewans lynch but if Ewan was bad and one wolf went the distancing route, when would they vote?

Originally Posted by Ewan WW viewpost.gif
    Not that anyone is listening anyway but just for completeness sake:
    PlayerVote 1Vote 2Vote3OrlaFionaClodaghGertrudeClodaghGabrielNigel GabrielClodaghJake EwanEvaJakeClodaghFionaMaryNigelSteveEvaFionaLiamClodaghNigelMaryClodagh MaryNigelGabrielFionaLiamJakeEwanOrlaAngusLiamGabrielEwan
    Clodagh – 5 votes
    Fiona – 3 votes
    Nigel – 3 votes
    Jake – 3 votes
    Gabriel – 3 votes
    Mary – 2 votes
    Liam – 2 votes
    Ewan – 2 votes
    Gertrude – 1 vote
    Eva – 1 vote
    Steve – 1 vote
    Orla – 1 vote

If Ewan was bad I cant understand why any would vote for him. I don't get the impression his lynch was that obvious and it looks very much like a bandwagon. Unless you can say why he was an obvious target ?

I mean wasn't it Clodagh and she was ruled out near the end so the wolves knew the votes would leave her and go elsewhere.

Fiona, Nigel, jake and Gabriel were all on three. The heat went on Gabriel (not Ewan) who thought he was going to be lynched and yet it was Ewan (who I don't recall was being highlighted pre lynch) who ended up lynched? I would more believe the wolves tried to target Ewan.

Who voted for Ewan and was in the top 4 lynch ? Nigel and Jake who also voted for Ewan . . Nigel didn't have Ewan on his FFA as far as I can see and Im not sure what Jakes beef was with Ewan . .

Nigel, what time did you vote for Ewan?

8:59 was my last vote on him

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    That was some multiquote Orla! I almost passed out reading it. Must have taken you a while.

What do you think of Liam and angus our genies?

I dunno yet Clodes but I am leaning towards one of the 4 ewan voters being a baddie.

Where’s your head at?

2 scenarios

If Ewan was good - I reckon there's 2 baddies on there

If Ewan was bad - I reckon there's 1 baddy on there at the most

Right at the end. If Ewan was going to be the runaway wagon then wolfy hop on at the end is the way to go to give it some distance.

If there's 3 wolves and Ewan was one of them, then one could have voted him.

Day 1 is the day for wolves to distance themselves from any wrong doing. I do think Gabriel was a wolf and he voted off wagon. I think Angus may be a wolf as he also voted off wagon when there were 2 other recognised wagons to go for.

Ideal scenario for us we had w/w wagons Ewan and Gabriel and I'm not ruling that out, especially given Gabriels reaction. I think hes worried that they are getting steamrolled and threw his toys out of the pram. Probably even more upset to be separated from some of his wolf buddies on the other island that he liked more.

I still think peppering Angus's Angus is a great place for us to continue. A pissed off wolf could have been super pissed off to have been on an island with an inactive wolf

why are you asking if i was caught up on the thread when you werent even caught up on the thread Liam lol

because it was over an hour ago from when you said you were catching up and then there was no more input at all.

I'm interested in your current thoughts :)

8:59 was my last vote on him

Why did you vote Ewan when he wasn't on your FFA?

I am not just saying this cause it was just me and Clodagh on your FFA by the way . .

RSJD.gif

Told ye there was no chance steve would be mod killed jeez guys relax..

FFA1.

Mary - post haven't been fluff but have seemed like just trying to play along and go under the radar. A post yesterday about asking people have they read or thanked there own posts seemed really off I mean you cant thank your own posts. So it felt like she was trying to say something non descript but it didn't make a lot of sense to me at least.

Clodagh - The alan thing doesn't really add up for me I mean, If we take her to be someone who has played the game before and then take them as someone who uses there phone while playing the chances of them never having mentioned Ewan is highly unlikely

Nigel’s FFA.

Why Ewan, Nige?

Originally Posted by Ewan WW viewpost.gif
    Not that anyone is listening anyway but just for completeness sake:
    PlayerVote 1Vote 2Vote3OrlaFionaClodaghGertrudeClodaghGabrielNigel GabrielClodaghJake EwanEvaJakeClodaghFionaMaryNigelSteveEvaFionaLiamClodaghNigelMaryClodagh MaryNigelGabrielFionaLiamJakeEwanOrlaAngusLiamGabrielEwan
    Clodagh – 5 votes
    Fiona – 3 votes
    Nigel – 3 votes
    Jake – 3 votes
    Gabriel – 3 votes
    Mary – 2 votes
    Liam – 2 votes
    Ewan – 2 votes
    Gertrude – 1 vote
    Eva – 1 vote
    Steve – 1 vote
    Orla – 1 vote

If Ewan was bad I cant understand why any would vote for him. I don't get the impression his lynch was that obvious and it looks very much like a bandwagon. Unless you can say why he was an obvious target ?

I mean wasn't it Clodagh and she was ruled out near the end so the wolves knew the votes would leave her and go elsewhere.

Fiona, Nigel, jake and Gabriel were all on three. The heat went on Gabriel (not Ewan) who thought he was going to be lynched and yet it was Ewan (who I don't recall was being highlighted pre lynch) who ended up lynched? I would more believe the wolves tried to target Ewan.

Who voted for Ewan and was in the top 4 lynch ? Nigel and Jake who also voted for Ewan . . Nigel didn't have Ewan on his FFA as far as I can see and Im not sure what Jakes beef was with Ewan . .

Actually coupled with above, why wouldn't wolves jump on Gabriel ? Myself, Clodagh and Gertie all said online we were voting for him. Even one of them could of voted Gabriel to push him over the edge. . More I think about it the more it looks like Gabriel was bad and the wolves targeted Ewan.

Gabriel was the obvious patsy. .

Why did you vote Ewan when he wasn't on your FFA?

I am not just saying this cause it was just me and Clodagh on your FFA by the way . .

RSJD.gif

I did my FFA before I started to get suspicious of him, Clodagh came out as a rolled villager or villager with a name so I wasn't voting for her and as there was no chance of getting you lynched there was no point voting for you.

I started questioning Ewan at the same time as EVA over his flip flopping on his FFA and she put forward a case which back up my thoughts

• Advertisement

because it was over an hour ago from when you said you were catching up and then there was no more input at all.

I'm interested in your current thoughts :)

Its odd for someone who hasn't read the thread to be asking others if they have read the thread IMO. And it takes a while to catch up fully if you are trying to read everything I guess if your just skimming like you seem to be it might be quicker

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement