Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeware shopping in Newry/ N.Ireland

Options
  • 30-07-2018 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I can't see any posts on this topic from the last couple of years. Has anyone bought homeware items up north recently? We are looking for everything as moving in to first home - beds, mattresses, sofas, kitchen equipment etc.
    Any tips on where to go or how to do it? Do they charge much for delivery? is it worth the trip for savings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Hi there - we're in the same position as you - just bought our first house and looking to furnish it. We need pretty much everything bar kitchen appliances, floors/carpets etc.

Did you end up going up north in the end and, if so, would you recommend it? Would appreciate any tips or tricks you picked up on the way.

Love home decor and all but it's a minefield! Spent the weekend going around all the home shops in Carrickmines and we've kind of identified the style and colour scheme of things we want to go for but don't want to commit to purchasing until we have really scoped out what is on offer.

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cmspo

I'm afraid I can't help you as I am no more the wiser! I emailed a few places for wooden flooring and they never replied and got no response on boards either. Best of luck with the new house!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Not to worry! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Hope your furnishing is going well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭andydurnin

Anyone have any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MatchaPeekaboo

Hi, I’m in the same boat. Was thinking of waiting until Black Friday sales and doing click and collect with Debenhams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement