Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max volume of outdoor alarm?

Options
  • 30-07-2018 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

About two months ago, my wife, then ten-month-old child, and myself visited Waterford. As we were walking down the street, an alarm went off. It was the loudest alarm I've ever heard, and it was horrible - even covering my ears it made that odd.. I guess I'd say "ripping" sensation/sound inside my ears. I think it was this one https://goo.gl/maps/VVA8yruTxRq

Is there any way to find out what that maximum volume of that alarm might have been? My child seems to be farther behind on some language matters than I'd like and I'm really worried her hearing was damaged.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That is a standard SAB , Volume would be around 110db at 1m.
    I doubt there would be any hearing damage from an activation of one of these in a public place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

CalRobert wrote: »
    My child seems to be farther behind on some language matters than I'd like and I'm really worried her hearing was damaged.

you can arrange hearing tests for your child if you're worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Which alarm are we talking about?

There appears to be a SABB and a siren on the property.

457083.JPG

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The fire would be 110db also.

Advertisement