Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duct Issue

Options
  • 30-07-2018 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

This morning an engineer came out to my house to install my tv / Broadband package but was unable to find the main phone duct.  He has said that I will need to find the wire/duct myself but that will involve pulling up skirting board either side of the hall and maybe the flooring.

He said my other option is to have a new line run in from outside which I would prefer, as I am not in a position to pull apart the house. 

This would involve running a line under the pavement and through a trench in the garden, which would need to be dug. 

My question is will Eir pay for all of this and if so how do I get the ball rolling on it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

PMC83 wrote: »
    Hi there,

This morning an engineer came out to my house to install my tv / Broadband package but was unable to find the main phone duct.  He has said that I will need to find the wire/duct myself but that will involve pulling up skirting board either side of the hall and maybe the flooring.

He said my other option is to have a new line run in from outside which I would prefer, as I am not in a position to pull apart the house. 

This would involve running a line under the pavement and through a trench in the garden, which would need to be dug. 

My question is will Eir pay for all of this and if so how do I get the ball rolling on it?

Thanks
    Hi PMC83, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm afraid I would be unable to advise on this from here. An order would need to be processed first and then within 10 working days a site survey is carried out. This will determine the work that is required and a technician will be able to advise you on all. 

If you wish to go ahead with the order, our sales team on 1800 503 303 will be happy to assist you and advise you on all the details. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,524 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You would be responsible for any ducting from your house to the pole or chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭PMC83

Nice one Tracy. After many many phone calls I finally got onto the right people.

For anyone in a similar situation, Eir will not pay for any ducting required inside your house/garden. Do not bother contacting their sales team as they don't actually/sell provide this service. (I spoke to at least 4 people before this could be made clear to me). Finally I was redirected  KN, I was told it would cost me around 300 quid, which I'm not prepared to part with so have canceled.

Nice one Tracy. After many many phone calls I finally got onto the right people.

For anyone in a similar situation, Eir will not pay for any ducting required inside your house/garden. Do not bother contacting their sales team as they don't actually/sell provide this service. (I spoke to at least 4 people before this could be made clear to me). Finally I was redirected  KN, I was told it would cost me around 300 quid, which I'm not prepared to part with so have canceled.
    I'm sorry to hear this and that it took you so long to get the correct information.

I've spoken with our operations team and they have confirmed that if ducting is required this needs to be provided by the customer and is their responsibility. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭PMC83

I'm sorry to hear this and that it took you so long to get the correct information.

I've spoken with our operations team and they have confirmed that if ducting is required this needs to be provided by the customer and is their responsibility. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Cheers Tracy, just a final question, do Eir recommend anyone to do this? Looking at Kns site it seems like they deal more with providers then residences, but maybe I'm wrong

• Advertisement

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Cheers Tracy, just a final question, do Eir recommend anyone to do this? Looking at Kns site it seems like they deal more with providers then residences, but maybe I'm wrong
    No problem. 

Unfortunately, we don't recommend anyone in particular or any company to do this. 

There are some guidelines online on laying ducting, you can view here

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement