Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandon Road

Options
  • 30-07-2018 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I live in Douglas and I'm wondering how easy is it to get to Bandon Road by bus, Dunnes Stores to be exact, I don't drive? I was looking at some bus routes and I know I'd have to get two buses but do the buses actually stop at Dunnes. I've only ever travelled by car past Dunnes and it always seems mad busy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The 219 would get you close, get off on Curraheen Road just before it turns right for CIT.
    It does zig zag around a bit on its route but would still mean just one bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If you don't mind walking 20 minutes from the Sarsfield Road roundabout the 216 will bring you to Summerstown, not ideal either but a bit more regular than the 219.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

The 219 would get you close, get off on Curraheen Road just before it turns right for CIT.

There are two Dunnes Stores out that way, the one near CIT is Bishopstown, the other one is out near the Cork Ring road (N40 and N71) is Bishopscourt (not Bishopscourt Road because that's in Bishopstown). The one I'm enquiring about is the one that is further away, further down than Sarsfield Roundabout. I don't mind walking although in the winter wouldn't fancy it much, I don't even know whether you can walk easily around the N40, be crazy traffic all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Oleander wrote: »
    There are two Dunnes Stores out that way, the one near CIT is Bishopstown, the other one is out near the Cork Ring road (N40 and N71) is Bishopscourt (not Bishopscourt Road because that's in Bishopstown). The one I'm enquiring about is the one that is further away, further down than Sarsfield Roundabout. I don't mind walking although in the winter wouldn't fancy it much, I don't even know whether you can walk easily around the N40, be crazy traffic all the time.

There is a walkway behind the sound barrier north from the N40.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 darash

Hi, the previous poster is right about getting of on the Curraheen Rd before the turn for Melbourne Rd/CIT. From there you can go down Hawkes Rd, then turn right towards the Bandon Rd Roundabout and cross over to Dunne's. There's plenty of pedestrian lights at that Roundabout.

Or, same bus (219) get off on Sarsfields Rd, before Sarsfields roundabout, keep left to Dunne's. There's a footpath all the way.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'm really grateful for all the information you've all given me. It can be done, cool. Before you think I'm mad and there's a Dunnes in Douglas, it's not for Dunnes that I'd be going there for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Thanks, I'm really grateful for all the information you've all given me. It can be done, cool.

Definitely, I live around there. Dunnes is a fifteen-minute yomp from where the 219 will leave you off on Curraheen Road.

Thanks for your help, I thought you might have been thinking about the other Dunnes Stores.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Definitely, I live around there. Dunnes is a fifteen-minute yomp from where the 219 will leave you off on Curraheen Road.

Thats brill, if I could get one bus that would be ideal. But I don't mind walking either. I was looking up how long it would take to get back into town walking, says an hour but I'm a fast walker.

Advertisement