Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European holiday with young toddler

• 30-07-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi there

We're considering going on holiday with our little girl in Sept/Oct. She'll be 14/15 months by then.

Looking at going somewhere that is easy to get to in terms of direct flights from Dublin, not too far from airport once you get there, maybe a 2.5 hour flight max, warm/sunny but not overly hot, and a good place for small kids without being saturated with them, if you know what I mean.

Think id like to be close to a beach but i guess a place with an accessible pool would be good too. I dont fancy having to hire a car so somewhere that's easy to navigate without one.

Anyone have any suggestions of places to consider? Also would people recommend hotels, holiday apartments or air b n b?

Sorry for all the questions but never travelled with a baby before! She's pretty easy going so thinking of taking advantage of that in case we end up with a number 2 that's the opposite!

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We went to Lanzarotte with our first. I personally am wary of air b and b when travelling with children in case anything goes wrong and you're stuck so we have booked holidays through travel agents or companies rather than going it alone just for the peace of mind. When we went to Spain we went to a local travel agent and priced up a few all inclusive and half board places, looked up Tripadvisor for reviews related to families and booked based on that. We never went to the beach, the pool was much easier. It was also nice to have the rep at the airport and the bus transfer included so there was no stress at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

We’ve been to Cascais, Alcudia and Valencia with our now toddler. I’d recommend either an apartment / aparthotel or air bnb over a traditional hotel room as it’s a lot easier to have a separate bedroom where baby can sleep for naps / at night without you having to whisper and tip toe around. A kitchen is also handy to have for preparing bits of food for the baby.

From experience I’d also recommend somewhere close to a beach. We just couldn’t relax by the pool as there was always a risk he could fall in. On the beach we would set up a bit back from the water so he could wander a bit without being in immediate danger. The sand / shells etc also provided entertainment. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Thanks so much to you both for taking the time to respond x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

We are heading to Sicily in October with a 1 year old by then. Grandparents coming with us.

Not hiring car taking trains and buses. Hopefully it won't be to hot

Advertisement