Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My username added to thread title.

Options
  • 30-07-2018 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Hi, my username has been added to a thread title in AH.

FBDF1403-7071-4686-_BC9_A-5_FC6_F3372847.jpg

I PMed LEIN and Pawwed Rig yesterday asking for it to be removed. I wasn’t polite in the PM and, quite frankly, I have no regrets there. No apology will be forthcoming.

My name is still in the thread title. I was involved in the thread but my contributions were fine, I think.

What is up with singling out forum members like that? It’s pretty pathetic actually.

I decided to move from PM to thread to highlight the issue.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

There is absolutely zero excuse for being rude to people who had no hand in the issue you are experiencing. Zero.

I've changed the thread title to remove your name.

I don't know why the mod(s) add names to thread titles, perhaps they are trying to add a sense of fun, mix things up a bit or just keep people's interest. Maybe one of them will explain the reasoning behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

There is absolutely zero excuse for being rude to people who had no hand in the issue you are experiencing. Zero.

I've changed the thread title to remove your name.

I don't know why the mod(s) add names to thread titles, perhaps they are trying to add a sense of fun, mix things up a bit or just keep people's interest. Maybe one of them will explain the reasoning behind it.

I disagree with the bolded bit. Adding my name was rude. I wasn’t in on the joke. It’s singling somebody out and mocking them. Was I asked if it would be okay? Nope. And what did I do to warrant that.

So yeah, not remotely sorry about sending an insulting PM.

And I’m glad I started this thread now. If nobody else posts in it, at least people will see it and see that the AH mods saw fit to single out a poster and mock them.

I often under various usernames stuck up for the moderation on boards.ie. I’ve been on forums where there is no moderation and they are a nightmare. I thought being slightly too strict was better than being too lenient. But stuff like this is overstepping the boundaries.

It would have made sense if I was a former mod who knew lots of the mods and admins or was in a boards clique. Then I’d feel it came from a friendly place. But I’m not any of those things. So it comes across as nothing less than mocking. So of course I’m bloody mad.

The forum member is powerless to stop stuff like that. So it’s an abuse of the tiny amount of power mods yield. It’s truly, truly pathetic stuff. If an AH mod or two doesn’t like me, fine. They’re human. But they need to keep it under their hats. Nobody cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

DF23_C5_A2-5_AFB-4622-8346-903026826_FAC.jpg

Much better, thanks. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Out of interest how were myself or Lein meant to address your issues when neither of us had any clue what you were talking about and you said you would not discuss it with us?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for the responses guys. Unfortunately the user has closed their account so can't respond. In light of this, I'll close the thread now too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement