Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GDPR - credit bureau

• 30-07-2018 4:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me, with the new GDPR regulations, can I request what information the ICB have on me? As it stands their business model is charging people for a copy of their credit report, but surely under GDPR i would be entitled to this information free of charge?

Comments

Can anyone tell me, with the new GDPR regulations, can I request what information the ICB have on me? As it stands their business model is charging people for a copy of their credit report, but surely under GDPR i would be entitled to this information free of charge?

You could request that anyway. There should be a bit on their website that tells you how

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭conor222

Think this is what you're after now

https://www.centralcreditregister.ie/

Being ran by the central bank, can see whats on your record and use it to place comment/request alteration to anything thats incorrect.
    You can get a report for free from here I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

You dont understand GDPR and data access requests

They are not the same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

You dont understand GDPR and data access requests

They are not the same thing.

My understanding is that under GDPR i am entitled to have visibility on all information a company holds on me, if the ICB are holding information on me which they do in the form of a credit report which they charge me to view, so under GDPR am i not able to request to view this for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think you misunderstand their business model. their business models involves charging businesses that wish to know your credit rating. They will give you your credit report for free. Did you even look on their website?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

I think you misunderstand their business model. their business models involves charging businesses that wish to know your credit rating. They will give you your credit report for free. Did you even look on their website?

The ICB? they charged me for it previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The ICB? they charged me for it previously

You could have found the answer yourself in 5 minutes if you had looked at their website.

http://www.icb.ie/credit_rating.php#q06

Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you are entitled to receive a full copy of any data held in your respect on ICB's Database.

ICB have a responsibility to keep your reports confidential, therefore ICB cannot discuss any detail of your credit report including its contents over the phone until after you have received your credit report.

You must complete an application form to enable ICB to process your request.
    You may complete an application online here»
    or
    You may download and print the application form here »
    or
    You may contact » ICB by phone (01) 2600388 and request a copy be posted to you.
    or
    Please remember to sign your form as it will not be possible for ICB to process forms without your signature.

One form should be completed per person.

There is no fee required to process your application except where it is manifestly unfounded or excessive.

Advertisement