If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE40MU6400 is Gone - Any 40" Alternatives

Options
  • 30-07-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Was looking to buy a Samsung UE40MU6400 today but was informed they are all gone (forever). :(

Any suitable 40" 4K Ultra HD Smart HDR LED TV's available around the €500 mark.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Was looking to buy a Samsung UE40MU6400 today but was informed they are all gone (forever). :(

Any suitable 40" 4K Ultra HD Smart HDR LED TV's available around the €500 mark.

Cheers,
    Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

The 40MU6400s were great TVs!

If you're looking to buy soon I'd look at the last of the Panasonic TX40EX700s before they disappear. They are great panels with very high motion processing and are going for 469 euro at the moment:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202581-viera-tx40ex700b.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

Dvaid

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thomas.bohan

Hi David, 

Thanks for your help.
    Looks to be a good TV with good reviews .... except for the stand.

It gets a lot of criticism for the stand not being adjustable or centered.

Often people who are buying smaller than averaged sized tv's are doing so because of space issues, as is my case fitting between a chimney breast and wall - I've just moved and I'm downgrading from a 50" TV.

From reading the Panasonic reviews, people end up resorting to buying a Sanus VTVS1 universal tv stand - 75 Euro ... ouch!

Any options / alternatives?

Kind regards,
    Thomas

Hi David, 

Thanks for your help.
    Looks to be a good TV with good reviews .... except for the stand.

It gets a lot of criticism for the stand not being adjustable or centered.

Often people who are buying smaller than averaged sized tv's are doing so because of space issues, as is my case fitting between a chimney breast and wall - I've just moved and I'm downgrading from a 50" TV.

From reading the Panasonic reviews, people end up resorting to buying a Sanus VTVS1 universal tv stand - 75 Euro ... ouch!

Any options / alternatives?

Kind regards,
    Thomas
    Hey Thomas.Bohan.

You could perhaps look at the Samsung UE40MU6120 which has the stand in the middle like the 6400. Priced at £349.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202889-400033.aspx

Or the NEW LG range has the 43UK6750PLd priced at £549.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203293-401861.aspx

Hi David.

Was away on holidays.
    The Samsung UE40MU6120 seems to be no longer available to buy online, any options on buying this with delivery to Dublin.

Regards,
    Thomas

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi David.

Was away on holidays.
    The Samsung UE40MU6120 seems to be no longer available to buy online, any options on buying this with delivery to Dublin.

Regards,
    Thomas
    Thomas,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - it might be your lucky Day :) 

We have one Open Box Samsung UE40MU6120 that was sent to a Customer in error ( he ordered a 40MU6400! ) that is boxed as new immaculate.

We could do this for you at just £299 / €349 including delivery if you were interested?

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Cool, who do I call. :-)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Thomas,

if you could PM us your contact number I'll ask one of the guys to give you a call to get a delivery all arranged for you,

Thanks again :)

Keep us posted,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Done :-) 

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Hi - also looking for a 40 or 43 inch TV, have to have it by Wednesday (in Dublin so can collect). A friend highly recommended the SONY KDL43WE753BU - do you have this or an equivalent in stock? Will consider anything under 500e but ideally no higher than 450e. Thanks! 

KathleenF wrote: »
    Hi - also looking for a 40 or 43 inch TV, have to have it by Wednesday (in Dublin so can collect). A friend highly recommended the SONY KDL43WE753BU - do you have this or an equivalent in stock? Will consider anything under 500e but ideally no higher than 450e. Thanks! 
    Hi Kathleen,

Unfortunately the Sony KDL43WE753 has finished.

A good alternative would be the LG 43UK6400. This is a 4K TV so has a better panel and also a much better smart hub than the 7 series Sony. It's currently 499 euro including shipping and is a brand new 2018 model:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203302-402225.aspx

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Looks good, is there a 40 inch equivalent? I assume all TVs are Saorview enabled at this point?

Looks good, is there a 40 inch equivalent? I assume all TVs are Saorview enabled at this point?
    Hi KathleenF.

Unfortunately LG do not make a 40" screen. Below their 43 would be a 32".

All the of televisions we sell are also Saorview compatible.

Our TV deliveries for today have now left our main warehouse so it would no longer be possible to have a TV delivered to you in Dublin tomorrow.

No worries - it doesn’t have to be LG just has to be a decent 40 inch. 43 might be a little bit big. Would prefer a good brand eg Sony/Samsung etc. Meant Thursday not Wednesday.

No worries - it doesn’t have to be LG just has to be a decent 40 inch. 43 might be a little bit big. Would prefer a good brand eg Sony/Samsung etc. Meant Thursday not Wednesday.
    Hi KathleenF.

The only manufacturers that we stock the do a 40" would be Samsung and Panasonic.

The current range of Samsung start at the 40NU7120 priced at £429
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203431-402627.aspx

Panasonic have their 40EX600 priced at £414.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202581-viera-tx40ex700b.aspx

Let me know if either of these might suit.

Hi - looked at the one you recommended - the LG43UK6400PLF - looks great, would you say it’s the best 43inch under €500 you have? Could you recommend or two other 43 inch TV in the same price bracket please?

Hi - looked at the one you recommended - the LG43UK6400PLF - looks great, would you say it’s the best 43inch under €500 you have? Could you recommend or two other 43 inch  TV in the same price bracket please?
    Hi KathleenF.

I would say that it its a good TV for the money.

There are very few televisions around this price point.
    Others include
    The LG 43UK6750 priced at £499.00
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/lg-43uk6750pld.html

Or if you dropped to a 40" there is the 4Panasonic 40EX700 priced at £399
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/panasonic-tx40ex700b.html

Hi Kathleen,

A good alternative would be the LG 43UK6400. This is a 4K TV so has a better panel and also a much better smart hub than the 7 series Sony. It's currently 499 euro including shipping and is a brand new 2018 model:

Kind regards

David
    Great I will take this. If I order in sterling is delivery still included? 

Hi Kathleen,

Kind regards

David
    Great I will take this. If I order in sterling is delivery still included? 
    Hi KathleenF,

Delivery is included in the price for the 43UK6400.

If you can drop me a PM with your contact number I can get that processed for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi - any update on delivery with this? Thanks.

Hi KathleenF.

Your order was shipped on Friday and would only be arriving into our couriers sorting depot this morning.

Once they get it split into runs they will drop you a text to confirm delivery.

I'll give them a call and see if I can get the ETA for you.

• Advertisement

Hey KathleenF.

Spoke with the courier and they have said it will be with you today before 5pm.

I've asked if they can call you closer to when they are going to deliver it.

Can I ask if you received a text from our courier regarding your delivery?

Hi - thanks for update. No I didn’t.

Hi - thanks for update. No I didn’t.
    Hi KathleenF.

Apologies that you did not receive a text.

I have sent our courier an email and asked them to investigate in-case they are having any issue with the text system.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.