Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lads, should I date a girl who's a fan of Louise O'Neill?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Well if advising the OP to avoiding a woman who looks up to a clearly mentally unhinged leftist is a sign of fear then yes i would stand over that. Life is too short to invest time in losers who actually believe the baseless shíte this woman writes.

:D She has you so wound up!! This woman sounds amazing!

Try_harder wrote: »
    Another excellent boards thread, guys intimidated by a feminist belittle her at every opportunity, yawn

Intimidated by a liar??? Not really. Eventually the world wakes up and sees them for the frauds they are

Ah the old 'if you don't like feminism then you're not a real man' line. Why don't you call them virgins while you're at it?

Let's be honest here, the chances are high. :D

Wow, just wow... You dont actually know who she is but you have just arrived at this conclusion????? :eek:

Perhaps do your research first???? Oh of course that is her thing too isnt it.... Making wild claims without base

Why the anger? You'd be a quivering mess if you had to face her!

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    :D She has you so wound up!! This woman sounds amazing!

You truly are a Pathetic small minded individual. :rolleyes:

Get a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Intimidated by a liar??? Not really. Eventually the world wakes up and sees them for the frauds they are

liar? Hope you can prove that, might be costly for boards!

Why the anger? You'd be a quivering mess if you had to face her!

No in fact id very much like to know if she has any actual facts to back up that Western Society has a rape culture???? (by and large the freeist society in the globe until the media backed these losers)

You truly are a Pathetic small minded individual. :rolleyes:

Get a life

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 120 ✭✭Lash Into The Pints

Odd how the brave feminists never talk about the rape gangs that were/are operating in England. Guess working class white girls aren't as important as the fake pay gap.

• Advertisement

liar? Hope you can prove that, might be costly for boards!

Her claims of the patriarchy and rape culture in western society are total bullshít. By all means she should take a case because when it comes to an actual court she wouldnt have a leg to stand on when her claims are actually taken apart.

Let's be honest here, the chances are high. :D

Really how so??? I think the virgins are generally the losers that hang around with these deluded loons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Her claims of the patriarchy and rape culture in western society are total bullshít. By all means she should take a case because when it comes to an actual court she wouldnt have a leg to stand on when her claims are actually taken apart.

Entitled to a good name? Even redacted claimed that one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Really how so??? I think the virgins are generally the losers that hang around with these deluded loons.

Relax yourself! You'll get a woman one day. :D

Relax yourself! You'll get a woman one day. :D

Yeah im actually sorted but thanks anyway muppet.

• Advertisement

Yeah im actually sorted but thanks anyway muppet.

Oh, you decided to stick to men? Probably for the best.

Good God..

Oooh your so witty arent you??? :rolleyes: Are you being a bit homophobic there???

Good God..

Time to introduce IQ tests pre account opening I think.

Oh the offended at everything crowd are out again! Do the angry men always have to be outraged?

• Advertisement

Oh the offended at everything crowd are out again! Do the angry men always have to be outraged?

There is a difference between outrage and having a reasonable objection to wild claims. You really should be clever enough to know the difference but i think we've established at this stage that your not mate.

There is a difference between outrage and having a reasonable objection to wild claims. You really should be clever enough to know the difference but i think we've established at this stage that your not mate.

:D You're fuming! It's just the internet. Calm down. She's just a woman with opinions, no need to cry about it.

Entitled to a good name? Even redacted claimed that one!

She is a mainstream media journalist who has made claims of being in an oppressive patriarchy and rape culture. She hasnt been able to prove such insane claims even once. She is therefore a liar. Perhaps a pathological one.

She is a mainstream media journalist who has made claims of being in an oppressive patriarchy and rape culture. She hasnt been able to prove such insane claims even once. She is therefore a liar. Perhaps a pathological one.

I don't think arguing with that thing is going to be productive...

:D You're fuming! It's just the internet. Calm down. She's just a woman with opinions, no need to cry about it.

Well she is actually a mainstream journalist who gets paid for these opinions but she hasnt been able to provide one single shred of proof. Anyway you dont even know who she is???? :confused:

Are you really that sad that you would log onto a thread to make a pathetic attempt to troll people on a subject you know nothing about???? Are you like 10 or something??? :confused:

I don't think arguing with that thing is going to be productive...

Yep ive said all i can here. As the saying goes, dont argue with stupid because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Well she is actually a mainstream journalist who gets paid for these opinions but she hasnt been able to provide one single shred of proof. Anyway you dont even know who she is???? :confused:

Are you really that sad that you would log onto a thread to make a pathetic attempt to troll people on a subject you know nothing about???? Are you like 10 or something??? :confused:

I just popped onto this thread and it quickly turned into a hive for insecure men. I've seen it quite a bit on boards.ie. I find it hilarious. :D I can't help myself from laughing.

Yep ive said all i can here. As the saying goes, dont argue with stupid because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Maybe go have a lie down? This much anger is not good for anyone.

I got mixed up when I posted that comment, thought you were replying to Don'tmatter. My mistake.

But yeah, don't feed the trolls as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I just popped onto this thread and it quickly turned into a hive for insecure men. I've seen it quite a bit on boards.ie. I find it hilarious. :D I can't help myself from laughing.

What about your never ending angry, anti dublin posts over in the GAA forum? Not so happy and frivolous.

Is it just you're not on the sauce when you're typing them out?

• Advertisement

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    What about your never ending angry, anti dublin posts over in the GAA forum? Not so happy and frivolous.

Is it just you're not on the sauce when you're typing them out?

:D Anti financial doping is not anti Dublin, it just so happens that Dublin are the county who partake in the doping! Glad to see I have a loyal follower though. Want my autograph?

Want my autograph?

Yes - just post a smiley face emoji. That'll do.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Yes - just post a smiley face emoji. That'll do.

No. I'm just going to put you on ignore. You seem a bit creepy.

Sorry. I seem to have killed your mood a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

I see a certain damaged and irrational poster is giving it her best shot at derailing yet another thread.

The rage and bitterness is palpable. Midlandsmisandrist.

Oh are you getting angry???? Awwwhh time for your safe space perhaps???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Dont bother, youre wasting her time and yours. Look at it this way, she dodges a bullet and you dont have to go through the humiliation of being dumped when she gets a whiff of what youre really like. Leaving her alone is a win win to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Well that escalated quickly.
    To the OP if you're seriously asking whether you should date this woman or not. It depends on how strong your relative views are on Louise O'Neill's opinions. If you think she's wrong on every topic and your potential date agrees with her on every topic then probably best not. If on the other hand you are both reasonable adults who can see both the positive and negative sides to her arguments then why not? It might progress, it might not but at least you should manage to have a few spirited discussions along the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Men are great .:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Troll-bait_o_59195.jpg

Oh are you getting angry???? Awwwhh time for your safe space perhaps???

:D Not at all. Just had to go to bed, had a great laugh at the angry men beforehand. I think it's them who need the safe space! They're so intimidated of strong women.

Is being a professional / constant / just being born female ...victim a sign of Strength ? ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Odd how the brave feminists never talk about the rape gangs that were/are operating in England. Guess working class white girls aren't as important as the fake pay gap.

Well according to that lunatic Lily Allen, those girls would have been raped anyway....so..you know..no harm no foul apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5246685/Lily-Allen-sparks-fury-Rochdale-grooming-victims.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4t36cuN-lyA-Ui0lHvJTcPiMIWBplAEFo9YoGCyxDI6Sfspd1

Well according to that lunatic Lily Allen, those girls would have been raped anyway....so..you know..no harm no foul apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5246685/Lily-Allen-sparks-fury-Rochdale-grooming-victims.html
    Why just because she sings some pop songs and her father was an average actor do we have to listen to this silly persons opinions .

She is an embarrassment to human kind .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I see a certain damaged and irrational poster is giving it her best shot at derailing yet another thread.

The rage and bitterness is palpable. Midlandsmisandrist.

I was wondering what had happened to the Midlands Apple Dreamer. Good to see her back. I love me a little bit of crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Balanadan wrote: »
    Will she insist on having a debate on the first date?!

If this girl is truly a fan of LON then there will be no debating. The lad will be expected to agree with everything she says. If she is hot, go along with this, ride her and then start wrecking her head by disagreeing with her. It can be good fun ****ing both the body and the mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You'll want a stout blackthorn shtick to be baytin' the lovely lady with, yeronner Sorr.

Probably not right to have any involvement with this type of woman .

No matter what happens she will be the victim . The forever victim ain’t a good look on anyone .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I just had a thought .... RTÉ are big into "balance" .... who would they put on a panel to "balance" Louise O'Neill in this day and age?

Can't think of any man who would be in the same league of openly hating and demeaning women. Maybe an ISIS member? OR this guy:

43305.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement