Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue home Insurance

• 30-07-2018 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

First off I've emailed Blue about this but probably won't get a reply till tomorrow.

Has anyone had this happen. My parents got 2 year home insurance with Blue last year 19/08/17. Paid for 2 years to end at midnight 18/08/19.

Today they got a text and email saying your insurance is up and a quote for renewal.

They used my email account so I still have the policy docs from last year and we have replied saying whats the story and attached the docs from last year.

The parents are old and a bit worried. I've told them it's probably an oversight and will be sorted.

Tell me things so I can assuage their fears.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I think the way they do the 2 year insurance is two separate years but bundled together as a package and what you got was the auto renew email that probably shouldn't have gone out.

The two year policy was a very good marketing gimmick which gave blue a point of difference.

At the end of the day it was still two individual annual policies but nothing needs to be done by you except to get it confirmed in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

They rang my father. Administration error. All sorted. Thanks CF.

Advertisement