Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best reasonable food/drink/activities?

Options
  • 30-07-2018 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

hey all. Heading to Belfast on the bank holiday weekend for 2 nights in August -25th-26th, staying at an Air BnB very close to town. Heading to a gig in custom house square on the 26th.

Open to suggestions for places not to be missed, in terms of food, drinks, activities during the day, would Crumlin city gaol be worth seeing?

Also looking for delicious reasonable eateries! we eat everything :D
    Any decent burrito bars apart from Boojum? Any unreal thai places?

Were a young couple - for clarity!

And arriving in Belfast early the Saturday so want something to do that day, eve and night :) as well as Sunday day and after 11pm - Any decent nightclubs? Heard about the St George Market alright, is it big?

been to Belfast for the day about a year ago but not on such an exciting trip ... I see the shopping options are fantastic but my poor boyfriend does not want to be yet again dragged around shops, so I need options to keep myself amused!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Anywhere in the Cathedral Quarter is good for visitors.
    Harp Bar, Duke of York, John Hewitt Bar, and The Spaniard are all good shouts for decent bars. Bootleggers on Church Lane is also good and does nice food. Whites Tavern on Winecellar Entry is cool and has a geeky themed bar upstairs called Vandal. I hear they do cheap pizzas too.
    Little Wing at Cornmarket has nice cheap pizza's, Bunsen just opened a burger bar on Hill St, House of Zen in St Annes Sq is a good Chinese. The Cuban Sandwich Factory in Queen's Arcade/Fountain St is also incredible. Not sure of any Thai places in the city centre and I think the only other burrito place apart from Boojum has just closed so you're out of luck there too. I hear the Mourne Seafood Bar is incredible but I'm not a fan of seafood so I haven't been. Might be pricey though as they cater for a lot of tourists. Beside them is Kelly's Cellars which touts itself as a proper ould irish bar (read touristy bar) - again I've never been so I can't really comment on it.

Ollies nightclub is in the Merchant hotel, Lux is around the corner from Cathedral Qtr on Gordon St, Love & Death is another club that's on Ann Street, they're all in the city centre so would be good shouts. I've only been to L&D so I can't tell you what the others are like.

Georges Market is a good call for a Saturday morning but it doesn't stay open all day so you'd wanna check it out as soon as you get in. It's not that big but you could spend 10 minutes or an hour in there if you wanted. It depends on what you're interested in.

Titanic is a really good museum (pricey tickets tho) and is walkable from the city centre. You can do the bus tours either or get a black cab tour to amuse yourself or do one of the free walking tours that I see around the place. City Hall is stunning too and the tours around that are free (you'd wanna check the Belfast Council website for tour times though).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Great info there Mollyb, thanks for that! We came across Cuban Sandwich factory online and can't wait to try there, so thanks for verifying it's incredible =D

would deffo be up for trying Bunsen too.

Advertisement