Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMAC-1 CO carbon monoxide alarm

Options
  • 30-07-2018 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, I have several of these - hot wired with back up battery. One started beeping last week and I replaced battery and beeps continued. Used a battery only CO alarm and there's no CO detected. A second hot wired CO alarm started beeping today and beeps continued after putting in a fresh battery. I removed the alarm from the ceiling to replace the battery. I tested it once new battery was installed( both before and after refitting to ceiling). At one stage all the batteries in the house started a continuous beep and then stopped except for the two rogue ones. I didn't switch off power at trip switch when I was doing the above.

I've now removed the two rogues.

The units are 3 years old and not due to be charged until 2026 according to unit label.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the home appliances forum instead:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1044

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Heavy water

Thank you. I don't know how to move message but will investigate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thank you. I don't know how to move message but will investigate.

You can't move a thread yourself, but you're free to start a new thread there by copying the contents of your post here.

Advertisement