Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UB credit card euro fees

• 30-07-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Just checked my online statement today, and it's littered with a bunch of 25c charges labelled euro fee.

It seems that any not euro transaction now gets an additional charge! FFS.

I use revolut mostly but handy for have the cc for bits and bobs.

Going to move credit card now, are there any with a better FX rate / less charges?

Normally pay the entire credit card off every month, so interest rates doesn't really matter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

If you have Revolut just use that for non Euro transactions.

And non Euro transactions would always have carried a fee, unless you had some special deal I never heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Wheety wrote: »
    And non Euro transactions would always have carried a fee, unless you had some special deal I never heard of.

I've used a personal Ulster Bank credit card for several years now.

Only since this August 2018 have they started charging a 2% non-euro transaction fee.

This is just another shameless way of extracting money from private pockets for facilities that are largely very cheap to provide.

Seriously considering getting shut of the credit card altogether if I can't find one without these new fees. Echoing everything colm_c says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Do you have a student credit card? I've been paying non-Euro transation fees for years now on Credit Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Wheety wrote: »
    Do you have a student credit card? I've been paying non-Euro transation fees for years now on Credit Card.

Was that Ulster Bank?

Defo. not a student card - see attached - and this is the very first time I've ever been charged these fees; I recall getting a letter some time ago about changing T&Cs, this must have been in it but does anyone read those things?

I detest the government levy too. I'll support anyone who says she'll abolish it.

Advertisement