Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with tv

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd like to amend my prior statement on Powercity, add them to the naughty list:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101731235

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

ED E wrote: »
    I'd like to amend my prior statement on Powercity, add them to the naughty list:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101731235

I wouldn't buy batteries from Powercity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Just by way of an update, I formally wrote to the store manager this morning setting out my issue and explaining the type of redress that I was hoping for, and setting out that I would be prepared to go to the small claims court if I didn't hear back within the next week.

The store phoned me back this afternoon to say they're happy enough to go to the SCC. They feel that a 12 month manufacturers warranty is sufficient, and customers have the option of buying extended warranty if they wish to do so.

I feel the last bit is a bit cheeky as they seemingly feel that they can walk away from you as a customer if you don't buy the extended warranty.

Anyway, looks as though the SCC is my only remaining option to seek redress from them. Really unhappy with their customer service approach, I wouldn't recommend that any of my friends or family shop there in the future.

How much did the camera cost ? Have you googled the model to see if its a common issue ?

Tell them you want that in writing.

Then go here. Shame and vanity don't mix.

https://twitter.com/harveynormanie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Further to hitting a series of walls of 'it's outside of the 12 month warranty', Harvey Norman have reconsidered their stance and offered to replace the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 UKLad

Fantastic news Hardybuck.

Just goes to show that given enough pressure and knowledge of consumer rights that companies like Harvey Norman have to recognise and stop palming off people. It takes patience, knowledge and a firm stance but eventually it pays off.

I have found after speaking to friends and work colleagues also that politeness is key and not to give them any excuse not follow the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

UKLad wrote: »
    Fantastic news Hardybuck.

Just goes to show that given enough pressure and knowledge of consumer rights that companies like Harvey Norman have to recognise and stop palming off people. It takes patience, knowledge and a firm stance but eventually it pays off.

I have found after speaking to friends and work colleagues also that politeness is key and not to give them any excuse not follow the law.

Thanks to you UKLad and to everyone on this thread who offered guidance.

Agreed, they seem to bank on you giving up eventually, or not putting your case across in the appropriate fashion.

It really disappointing to think about the potential amount of people, perhaps who mightn't have much confidence, don't have knowledge of their rights, English isn't their first language etc. who must be regularly getting screwed over.

Advertisement