Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A3 Racing

Options
  • 30-07-2018 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

How do they expect A3 riders who get upgraded to compete with A1/A2 and pros, when all you get is 80k races. Perfect example in Tuam on Sunday the race was reduced from 100k to 80k and the A1/A2 still had a 120. Doesn't make sense. Apparently the commissaire made the decision at the last minute. This is how it is so fecked up the organizer was telling us it was a 100k only for the riders to say it was 80k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Yes I was in Tuam and disappointed to see a lap taken off too. If anything flat A3s like that in perfect weather and road conditions should have an extra lap added rather than taken away.

120km or so for these type of races in A3 should be the norm this time of year. The last 3 races I've done were Tuam, Cashel and Donamon. All flat with distances of 83km, 73km and 81km.

Tuam was a good course and well organised (and I am thankful to the organizers) but given the effort put in I cannot understand why the races are not a little longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Races should be 100k+ always. Lads and ladies are expected to do 2 and 3 day events where distances are 120k+ so these 1 day races should be the same or similar. I did a 3 day a few years back and it was 130k-ish each day... was about 3 to 3.5 hours each day.

There seems to be a trend towards short races, not sure why.

And its often the hilly ones that are longer so when you do get one of them you're completely unprepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Cycle there, race, cycle back?

lennymc wrote: »

Fine if everybody else in the race is doing it too. Its not about getting a long spin in on the day, its about a longer race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

bridge across to the race from your house, sit in the bunch for 80k, go on a lone attack all the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

bridge across to the race from your house, sit in the bunch for 80k, go on a lone attack all the way home.

Worked for you Len!

Advertisement