Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial premesis no lease

Options
  • 31-07-2018 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

So I've rented a workshop for 6/7 years with no lease. Paid the rent like clockwork but now the owners are selling.

Have I any rights?
    How much notice can they give me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

So I've rented a workshop for 6/7 years with no lease. Paid the rent like clockwork but now the owners are selling.

Have I any rights?
    How much notice can they give me?

Yes you probably have rights.

See https://griffinsolicitors.ie/commercial-property-commercial-leases-new/ for a summary of the situation. Your exact situation may well be different.

You really need to talk to a solicitor who is willing to take on landlord and tenant business.

If they have any sense, your landlord will want to regularise the lease in order to maximize the value of the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steve McQueen

Thanks,
    Yeah will need to speak to a solicitor :(

Advertisement