Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harley davidson

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

This goes for every bike...not just HD's...;)

Meet some owners, outside the confines of the shop environment. Must be loads in the Dublin area.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rock22

Luceyj wrote: »
    Only reason I did IBT and got full licence was because of my obsession with HD . Worse scenario, sell it and think again but I know won't once I get my hands on oneðŸðŸ

If this is true then I would buy one. It is the only way to satisfy your own obsession.

Life is too short to deny yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

rock22 wrote: »
    If this is true then I would buy one. It is the only way to satisfy your own obsession.

Life is too short to deny yourself..

Very true. I was riding everything around me for years until I got married. Now I'm on a GS :o

Read into that what you will :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

D3V!L wrote: »
    Very true. I was riding everything around me for years until I got married. Now I'm on a GS :o

Read into that what you will :P

Whipped.................:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Buy one of these when they are launched. Best of both worlds. :D :eek:
    https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/future-vehicles/pan-america.html

• Advertisement

Emmersonn wrote: »
    https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/future-vehicles/pan-america.html

Only if you like that style...;)

BTW op....take a spin on an Indian...cool bike..imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Only if you like that style...;)

BTW op....take a spin on an Indian...cool bike..imo..

Definitely !!! The lads in Franklin are awesome to deal with . We test drove a couple of them a while back and couldn't get over how buttery smooth the engines were, even on the Chieftain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Emmersonn wrote: »

Fúcking hell, that's the worst looking bike I've ever seen. Leaving it primer grey makes it look worse! Each to their own!

Good golly, i know I like H-D's, but that reminds me of.........

457339.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

galwaytt wrote: »

457339.jpg

Oh my god thank you! Finally someone else notices this

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote: »

457339.jpg

It just reminds me of every other fcuking adventure bike....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I own a Softail and a Bandit, love both of them but the Harley is my pride and joy. Great bike. Defo test ride and don't buy with your heart, try it our first. Some don't handle better than other, specially if there is a lot of custom parts on it.

I own a Softail and a Bandit, love both of them but the Harley is my pride and joy. Great bike. Defo test ride and don't buy with your heart, try it our first. Some don't handle better than other, specially if there is a lot of custom parts on it.

^^^ this.

Fwiw, imho, keeping it stock keeps it reliable. Mine had Screamin Eagle pipes when I got mine. Took em off and went back to complete stock.

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Some of the open Harley pipes can be fairly obnoxious. I don't mind loud pipes, but Christ, some of the Harley lads have them ridiculously loud. See southpark S13E12

Cienciano wrote: »
    Some of the open Harley pipes can be fairly obnoxious. I don't mind loud pipes, but Christ, some of the Harley lads have them ridiculously loud. See southpark S13E12

"WHAT WAS THAT.....":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

I purchased a new BMW GSA 1200 Adventure and it was going to be my “last bike”

Few years later the Harley dealer was having a test ride event, every bike was available.

Figured what the hell ill make a day of it, drove the BMW down and test rode a new Street Glide, loved it and bought it. The GSA is a great bike, and if there were no Harley id still be happy with the GSA

The BMW sat in the garage for over two years untouched, finally sold it this year

Never in my life did I think id own a Harley but here I am three years on and loving it.

Spend some time with one and see for yourself

Advertisement