Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of mortgage approval for EA

Options
  • 31-07-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Has anyone provided mortgage approval letter with amounts redacted? Was this accepted by EA when bidding on a house?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Roxy.Randrome

When we were getting to the end of bidding, the EA looked for proof of funds and wouldn't accept a redacted AIP letter as they said they needed to see the amount. Once we'd gone sale agreed, I got my mortgage advisor in the bank to write me a one line letter saying that we had enough funds to buy the property and the EA accepted that no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

This is first offer we've made, I suppose they just want to weed out the time wasters which is a good thing. But obviously i don't want to show my hand!

Will send the redacted approval letter and ask bank for amended offer in case they don't accept it

Advertisement