Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to notify boi of travel plans to USA ?

Options
  • 31-07-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Must I inform boi of travel dates to USA for seamless use of debit card while there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks SheroP for getting in touch this morning.

If you're using your card abroad, we would ask you to check your contact details are up to date with us.

We've some tips here on traveling abroad.  https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/travelling-abroad/

Any further questions please feel free to get back in touch.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Just going to jump in on this.
    I remember previously needing to notify bank of travel plans via the helpdesk on 365.

I am heading to US for a few days later this week, do I need to notify the bank? It seems I don't from what I've ready, just to keep an eye on SMS that may be received.

Can you confirm my card will work when in US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Just going to jump in on this.
    I remember previously needing to notify bank of travel plans via the helpdesk on 365.

I am heading to US for a few days later this week, do I need to notify the bank? It seems I don't from what I've ready, just to keep an eye on SMS that may be received.

Can you confirm my card will work when in US?

It's nice to hear from you again Squall Leonhart. We no longer ask customers to notify us of their travel plans. Our card security team may issue a text or email to you if any transactions trigger a security check. Once you reply to any of their messages, the card will not be restricted.

Your debit card can be used at ATMs and point of sale showing the Visa symbol. I've attached a link here to information on cross border handling charges that are applied when you use your card for non-Euro transactions.

Hope you have a great trip and if you need help with anything while abroad, we're on Twitter 24/7 at @TalktoBOI.

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

The Travel Notification requirement still comes up on the 365 Home page :rolleyes:

466423.jpg

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks Tow for taking the time to highlight this error here with us.

We'll have this removed asap.

Thanks again :) 

Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement