Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a solicitor to witness declarations

Options
  • 31-07-2018 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi- hopefully posting in the right thread....

The family home is being sold. I need to to sign Land Registry/Planning/Civil Partnership Declarations in the presence of a solicitor. Other half works very long hours and is unable to get time off work to attend. As a result of the CP declaration, I am holding up the sale for the rest of my siblings.

Can anyone recommend a solicitor in Meath/North Dublin that is open late (up to 7pm) during the week? Also any solicitor that is definitely open on a Saturday morning in Meath/Dublin/Louth/Westmeath/Kildare?

I have tried Google. Cant find anyone open late in the evening. The ones that I tried that advertise as open on Saturdays, only do so by appointment and all have said that it is not worth their while opening just to witness a signature for a few euros. I fully get that. I only approached them as they advertise on Google as being open on Saturdays. I wouldn't expect them to open especially for me.

Any suggestions/recommendations greatly appreciated at this stage.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry, solicitor recommendations not allowed on this forum.
    Weekdays some offices will be available by appointment in the early evenings
    Fewer outside legal aid practices are available at weekends
    The solicitor dealing with the matter may have a contact near you who might oblige.
    You need to bring identity documents

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Limbo123 wrote: »
    Hi- hopefully posting in the right thread....

The family home is being sold. I need to to sign Land Registry/Planning/Civil Partnership Declarations in the presence of a solicitor. Other half works very long hours and is unable to get time off work to attend . . .
    Can you get time off work? If so, could you go to your wife's worplace, and maybe she could nip out for as long as it takes for the two of you to make the declaration before a solicitor who is local to your wife's workplace? Or you could do it during her lunch hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Get a lunchtime appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

nuac wrote: »
    Mod
    Sorry, solicitor recommendations not allowed on this forum.
    Weekdays some offices will be available by appointment in the early evenings
    Fewer outside legal aid practices are available at weekends
    The solicitor dealing with the matter may have a contact near you who might oblige.
    You need to bring identity documents

Hi, I didn't realise I was breaking rules by asking about opening hours. Can you please delete or lock thread. Ta.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Check to see if a Commissioner for Oaths can witness the declarations you require. There are a number who do it on a semi-retired basis and can be flexible regarding hours. Google it regarding your particular area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement