Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Childminding rates for 4 kids

• 31-07-2018 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi just looking for opinions please. What is an appropriate rate for a child minder to mind our 4 kids. We are in Dublin. 2 in school and 2 at home. We will drop off in morning. Children minded in our home and food obviously provided for them. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Does the minder have to collect from school? Same school? Same finishing times? Is she using her car? Walking? Whats the provision for very wet days? Are you paying term time only or paying over the holiday periods - half pay/full pay? Presumably she'd take school going children if they are home from school - either sick or a day school is closed but you're working etc - is there a provision for extra pay for this or is it expected to be included in main price?

These would all factor in to the decision imo

I'm not in Dublin so can't comment on norms there. Personally I've paid slightly higher fee when I've had a child minder but it's term time only so no pay over school holidays (I would give a little extra at xmas and summer as a type of bonus/thank you)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 curiousmart

Does the minder have to collect from school? Same school? Same finishing times? Is she using her car? Walking? Whats the provision for very wet days? Are you paying term time only or paying over the holiday periods - half pay/full pay? Presumably she'd take school going children if they are home from school - either sick or a day school is closed but you're working etc - is there a provision for extra pay for this or is it expected to be included in main price?

These would all factor in to the decision imo

I'm not in Dublin so can't comment on norms there. Personally I've paid slightly higher fee when I've had a child minder but it's term time only so no pay over school holidays (I would give a little extra at xmas and summer as a type of bonus/thank you)

Same school, different times. School holidays covered with camps etc.
    I am just looking for general hourly rate opinions for Dublin.
    Agree paying slightly higher fee and bonus if you have someone good. They are doing such an important job at the end of the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

This is a hard one for minders as if they earn over 15k pm they loose their tax exemption. Make sure they are registered and insured,all childminding Ireland members will also have garda clearance.
    Presuming the hours are 8-6 daily and been paid an average over 12 months, I reckon you will be paying 1500-2k pm

Advertisement