Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying

Options
  • 31-07-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

American relatives visit my mothers house every year. When my nephew visits his grandmother's house he is bullied by three adult Americans.

If I get permission from my mother to record video in her kitchen, are there any legal, ethical or other reason why I shouldn't do so?

The Americans can be very aggressive. What are the likely consequences if they are confronted with evidence of bullying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

what age is your nephew? is it not his mothers job to "protect" him from bullies? mind you I would definitely do this if the child is upset and/or in danger

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

As the adults in the house it is your job to tell them to leave the child alone. Why does the child have to be subjected to obnoxious visitors? If he is being brought into an environment that is upsetting for him, surely the simplest solution is to either not bring him to the environment, or else tell the adults causing the upset to STFU.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Is it bullying, or is it just Americans being obnoxious? (Not being racist but they can be really obnoxious and annoying by nature)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why would you put your nephew in that situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Why would you record this as opposed to intervening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I would be telling the Americans, as soon as they get to the house, to lay off the nephew. Or you make it your business to make sure they are not welcome to come over again.

Advertisement