Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy student ticket on bus

Options
  • 31-07-2018 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a 3rd level student card. Can tickets be bought for a student discount ticket for Buseireann on the bus itself or does it have to be pre-purchased online. Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Yes you can buy your ticket on the bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=360
    Q. How do I buy a ticket?

Buy your bus ticket online here or you can also purchase tickets in-station or in participating SU offices/shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

verycool wrote: »

Q. How do I buy a ticket?
    Buy your bus ticket online here or you can also purchase tickets in-station or in participating SU offices/shops.

Thanks I did read that before posting here but as you can see it does not explicitly state you can buy a ticket on the bus itself. That's why I was unsure about it. Edit: There is no station where I hop on, it's just a stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

I live in a main town with a bus station and my son goes to college where he has to travel on a bus, he just gets on the bus and shows his student card and then asks the driver for his ticket, he usually gets the ten journey one which costs him E45

Advertisement