Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTS Carbon Bike

Options
  • 31-07-2018 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

So basically had another mechanical today with my front derailleur, managed to fix once I got home. But it was a brutal day for a ride and then losing my 50 on the front just meant it was going to take longer to get home.

So I've been looking at new bikes, can't really justify spending the money on a cervelo which has been my dream bike going back 6 or so years.

So was thinking of maybe getting my groupset updated along with a proper bike fit.

Currently riding a RTS pro racing carbon. Don't know how old it is, but a mate reckons my dura-ace groupset could be 8 years old.

Is the frame worth keeping, or am i better looking at new bike, and try and get something on sale?

Sorry for the long post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I doubt there will be a stampede for it. Pretty generic and probably with a 10 speed group, so expect to get a number in the slightly less than a thousand range.

You would be surprised at how affordable a good second hand Cervelo can be (I sold an S2, S5 and P4 in the last year). Although.. fair few daydream believers on Donedeal at present. In a month or two prices might drop e.g. last year the 2017 S2 dropped for under 1600 on Bike24 for months.. perhaps this years model might do same later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I doubt there will be a stampede for it. Pretty generic and probably with a 10 speed group, so expect to get a number in the slightly less than a thousand range.

You would be surprised at how affordable a good second hand Cervelo can be (I sold an S2, S5 and P4 in the last year). Although.. fair few daydream believers on Donedeal at present. In a month or two prices might drop e.g. last year the 2017 S2 dropped for under 1600 on Bike24 for months.. perhaps this years model might do same later in the year.

Cheers, yeah a 10 speed dura ace groupset. Was looking at the cervelo r2 in LBS priced at €2500

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

You'll get one of them about 450 euro cheaper on Sigma sports.. maybe 400 by the time shipping is done. You will get an S2 about 500 cheaper, not including postage on Jedi Sports (in an admittedly ugly colour)

Advertisement