Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debi/Credit Cards or Sterling

Options
  • 31-07-2018 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi, I’ll be visiting the Rep late this week to late next week. I’ll have several largish bills to pay, we’re talking cc €1000 in total plus day to day spending. It’s the major spend I’m wondering about

I seem to have a number of options:
    Bring, say €1200 with me from the North and pay the big bills in cash, plus it will give me some spends (seems sensible)
    Ring £ Sterling with me and pay with it where possible
    Pay with my Debit or Credit Card, but I understand there will be a charge over and above the commission rate. (Am I right?) I use my local BoI account

What’s the best option/options

Debit Card BoI. Credit Card M&S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Any answers. Customer support where are you !

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

kah22 wrote: »
    Hi, I’ll be visiting the Rep late this week to late next week. I’ll have several largish bills to pay, we’re talking cc €1000 in total plus day to day spending. It’s the major spend I’m wondering about

I seem to have a number of options:
    Bring, say €1200 with me from the North and pay the big bills in cash, plus it will give me some spends (seems sensible)
    Ring £ Sterling with me and pay with it where possible
    Pay with my Debit or Credit Card, but I understand there will be a charge over and above the commission rate. (Am I right?) I use my local BoI account

What’s the best option/options

Debit Card BoI. Credit Card M&S

Hi kah22,

Thanks for your post.

The decision to use cards or cash would be a personal choice. If you can please let me know if your debit card is in Euro or Sterling, we can check what cross border charges would apply.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Sterling, BoI Northern ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks for getting back to us kah22. If you go to 'Other Charges' on the second last page on the brochure here you can view charges to use your card for Euro payments.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement