Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Derailleur help please.

Options
  • 31-07-2018 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help please. Bought a 105 3x9 groupset which came with a band on front derailleur. The band on is too small and the bike its going on to has a braze on. The braze on can be removed as its held with two bolts. Post measures 35.3mm. Will a 34.9mm clamp on fit this? Can anyone tell me which front derailleurs are compatible with the 3x9 setup please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

pissed wrote: »
    Looking for some help please. Bought a 105 3x9 groupset which came with a band on front derailleur. The band on is too small and the bike its going on to has a braze on. The braze on can be removed as its held with two bolts. Post measures 35.3mm. Will a 34.9mm clamp on fit this? Can anyone tell me which front derailleurs are compatible with the 3x9 setup please?

I’m guessing Sora and older Tiagra 4500/4600 are your only options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

I’m guessing Sora and older Tiagra 4500/4600 are your only options.

Thanks for the reply. Will a Tiagra 3 x 10 work or would I be better off going for the Sora 3 x 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

pissed wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Will a Tiagra 3 x 10 work or would I be better off going for the Sora 3 x 9?

Both will do exactly the same job, I cant see any benefit of one over the other except if you wanted to keep all components matching. I would just get whatever one was the cheapest and easily available.

Advertisement