Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMRO and PPI

Options
  • 31-07-2018 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭

They rang the office (3 people work here), I always figured you only paid royalties in retail shops, so told them staff listen to the radio talk shows while working on their computers. The office is totally closed off to the public.

She said as its in the public domain and outside a domestic environment I have to pay fees. I told them to **** off and hung up but I got an email with an invoice looking for €290 quid for this year and it will reduce next year by a third. Sounds like money for old rope.

Can they actually pursue us for this because we don't plan on paying it ever.

Wish I had said it was a sweat shop and no radio was allowed :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It seems to be they try it on with everyone. Now the two have joined forces make sure you only pay what you must. This has gone to court many times in the past so the lines are quietly clearly drawn so it's worth looking up to see where your liabilities lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

rob316 wrote: »
    They rang the office (3 people work here), I always figured you only paid royalties in retail shops, so told them staff listen to the radio talk shows while working on their computers. The office is totally closed off to the public.

She said as its in the public domain and outside a domestic environment I have to pay fees. I told them to **** off and hung up but I got an email with an invoice looking for €290 quid for this year and it will reduce next year by a third. Sounds like money for old rope.

Can they actually pursue us for this because we don't plan on paying it ever.

Wish I had said it was a sweat shop and no radio was allowed :mad:

It may be my simple view but surely the radio would be ok as the station are paying the royalties. Id have figured IMRO was more for case that your playing a CD or streaming music in certain settings

Advertisement