Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub Contractor Invoice Issue

Options
  • 31-07-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi folks,

A subcontractor sent me an invoice dated 5th July for €200, all fine and invoice scheduled for payment on the 5th August - 30days no problem.

He did some extra work in July and sent me the same invoice, same invoice number for €1000 with the extra work dates but the invoice date is the same as 5th July!

He's a chancer I know, Is there a word for this?? Invoice manipulation? just so I can scare him not to do it again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

jacksn wrote: »
    Hi folks,

A subcontractor sent me an invoice dated 5th July for €200, all fine and invoice scheduled for payment on the 5th August - 30days no problem.

He did some extra work in July and sent me the same invoice, same invoice number for €1000 with the extra work dates but the invoice date is the same as 5th July!

He's a chancer I know, Is there a word for this?? Invoice manipulation? just so I can scare him not to do it again!

It sounds like he is just using the same template for his invoices? Some people are not very good with computers etc

Did he do the €1000 of work on the extra dates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Unless I had other reasons to believe otherwise I would assume it was a mistake. I wouldn't pay it until it was fixed but would assume all that needed was a correction on the invoice.

Advertisement