Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming call block

Options
  • 31-07-2018 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

We have been onto Eir Customer Service (?) three times in the past few days to get an incoming call block on our PSTN line (multitude of nuisance calls). Three times we have been told it has been done (last week, it would take 24 hours) yet, STILL, the incoming call block is not in place!!! Seriously, how difficult is it???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Av8or wrote: »
    We have been onto Eir Customer Service (?) three times in the past few days to get an incoming call block on our PSTN line (multitude of nuisance calls). Three times we have been told it has been done (last week, it would take 24 hours) yet, STILL, the incoming call block is not in place!!! Seriously, how difficult is it???
    Hi Av8or ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Unfortunately, we do not deal with issues such as this through this channel. I would reccomend getting in contact with our support team on 1901 to have this investigated further.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Av8or

Av8or wrote: »
    Hi Av8or ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Unfortunately, we do not deal with issues such as this through this channel. I would reccomend getting in contact with our support team on 1901 to have this investigated further.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

When we have been told, by Customer Service, that it has been done THREE times (but hasn't - after hours on the phone), is there really any point? Can I ask what it is you do through this channel if escalating support issues isn't one of them?

Av8or

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Can you not just do it through whatever handset you’re using? then you have the option of lifting the block yourself whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Av8or

kbell wrote: »
    Can you not just do it through whatever handset you’re using? then you have the option of lifting the block yourself whenever you want.
    We require all incoming calls to be blocked (this is our PSTN line used for broadband) and we only make outgoing calls from that handset. I am unaware of a shortcode that allows that from the handset.

Advertisement