Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc Quantum 70 comms fault

Options
  • 31-07-2018 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭

Hi, recently bought a house with one of these alarms, prev owner said it just needed a battery change so went ahead and changed the panel battery but it hasn't fixed the issue, it still comes up comms fault when I try to set the alarm and voice com says to change internal battery.
    I can't enter any settings to see what the issue is, when I type 0+user code I just get comms fault with the blue light. Pulling my hair out here

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With that HKC panel it is set up with a battery timer that needs to be reset by the engineer code.
    The comms fault may be the previous owner has cancelled their subscription to use the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Meant to add as well I rang the installer and she mentioned that but found no record of my address on their system so don't think they had a subscription. She also mentioned a battery on a sensor could be at fault but surely that shouldn't stop me going into settings, it doesn't indicate any sensor acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

KilOit wrote: »
    Meant to add as well I rang the installer and she mentioned that but found no record of my address on their system so don't think they had a subscription. She also mentioned a battery on a sensor could be at fault but surely that shouldn't stop me going into settings, it doesn't indicate any sensor acting up

You need an engineer code to access the settings in the menu. Ask the installer for it

Drifter50 wrote: »
    You need an engineer code to access the settings in the menu. Ask the installer for it

What's an engineer code? And why would I need it to set an alarm?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The app could be signed up directly with HKC. Battery fault on the sensors will clear when the battery is replaced.

• Advertisement

So should I just go ahead and replace the 6v batteries in the sensors? Don't have a multimeter at hand but could buy some batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, recently bought a house with one of these alarms, prev owner said it just needed a battery change so went ahead and changed the panel battery but it hasn't fixed the issue, it still comes up comms fault when I try to set the alarm and voice com says to change internal battery.
    I can't enter any settings to see what the issue is, when I type 0+user code I just get comms fault with the blue light. Pulling my hair out here

Comms fault is a sensor battery gone, sensor has stopped communicating with the panel.
    Any external bell on the system?

To check if you had securecomm set up put 0*9 user code in on keypad.

I will test the sensor batteries tomorrow, it has a main bell outside the house. Realize it could be that too, that might be a bit more awkward to change, surely that's on the mains?

I will test the sensor batteries tomorrow, it has a main bell outside the house. Realize it could be that too, that might be a bit more awkward to change, surely that's on the mains?

The external bell batteries if LED is on with second battery pack last up to 3 years.
    You would need to check if it there is a power supply installed for the external bell but if it was on the mains you would not be getting the comms fault on the bell.

Finally got around to sorting this but without the Engineer Manuel i'm finding it a pain to navigate. How do i make it show the User Menu? i can't inhibit any zones etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Hope you got sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aidan Fitzgerald

No rkp comms on new key pad hkc house hard wired alarm got pad from installer

The keypad needs to be IDed to the system.

If you have engineer access, go to devices menu, wired devices to add

Advertisement