Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM - could this be done better?

Options
  • 31-07-2018 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that when it comes to Lodgment ATMs, they don't go Out Of Service when they run out of money. Instead, when you put your card in the ATM, the Withdrawal option is greyed out, leaving you to still avail of services like Lodgments - which is fair enough, and good to have.
    However it seems to me that the bulk of people will be using the machine to withdraw, and it is quite annoying to put your card in, and then see that the Withdrawal option is not available.

Would it be an idea to put a warning on screen that Withdrawals are not currently possible, PRIOR to people putting their cards in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I have noticed that when it comes to Lodgment ATMs, they don't go Out Of Service when they run out of money. Instead, when you put your card in the ATM, the Withdrawal option is greyed out, leaving you to still avail of services like Lodgments - which is fair enough, and good to have.
    However it seems to me that the bulk of people will be using the machine to withdraw, and it is quite annoying to put your card in, and then see that the Withdrawal option is not available.

Would it be an idea to put a warning on screen that Withdrawals are not currently possible, PRIOR to people putting their cards in?

Hi Ally Dick,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll ensure to pass this on to our development team.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement