Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two CV boots and 2 door sills. How much?

• 31-07-2018 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

What kind of figure would you expect a garage to charge for two CV boots.Two Door sills (rust)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not DIY, moved to main forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It really depends on how bad the sill damage is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Earlier this year, I had to have one rear door sill done. Very bad condition, rusted to hell. €100, including in welding steel in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭Alkers

Earlier this year, I had to have one rear door sill done. Very bad condition, rusted to hell. €100, including in welding steel in place.

Seemsa good price, where was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Seemsa good price, where was that?

I was told by my mechanic to mention his name and say he'd sent me, so maybe I got some sort of discount. I don't know if mentioning businesses is allowed, so I'll pm you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

My sills are getting done now as they are rotten along with some of the jacking points. Quote was 1k approx for that job.

Each car will have different levels of damage so the car up on the ramps will be needed to assess.

Advertisement