Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 4 help

Options
  • 31-07-2018 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I've been having a problem with my PS4 lately. I was playing fortnite about 2 weeks ago and in the middle of a game, the PlayStation turned off. I turned the ps4 back on and was loading into another game and the ps4 turned off again. I've tried to turn it on a few times since. Sometimes the blue light comes on for a split second and turns off again, and sometimes there is no response. Any ideas what could be the problem and how it could be fixed?..Even though the playstation would be used no more than 5-6 hours a week, I had it on rest mode for about 36 hours downloading another game prior to this happening. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Does it reset or go dead completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cattleman101

nix wrote: »
    Does it reset or go dead completely?

The blue lights comes on for a split second and then the playstation goes dead completely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Try to boot the PS4 into Safe Mode by holding the power button for about seven seconds. If you can boot into safe mode you might be able to reinstall the firmware and reset the Playstation. If you cannot get to Safe Mode, then I think you're bunched...

Make sure the power lead is fully in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

check the indents on the sides to make sure they arent clogged with dust as well. give them a brush or vacuum to give it a bit of a clean.

• Advertisement

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Try to boot the PS4 into Safe Mode by holding the power button for about seven seconds. If you can boot into safe mode you might be able to reinstall the firmware and reset the Playstation. If you cannot get to Safe Mode, then I think you're bunched...

Same thing happens when I hold the power button or press it. Just turns on for split second and off again :( Anyone know of anywhere in Ireland that can fix them or would it be a better option to buy a second hand one?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Same thing happens when I hold the power button or press it. Just turns on for split second and off again :( Anyone know of anywhere in Ireland that can fix them or would it be a better option to buy a second hand one?

I had this issue and sent it to Sony costing 150euro as I was out of warranty

All they did was replace the Hard drive..

So I would take this as an opportunity to upgrade your hard drive..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M1UQQT5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I had this issue and sent it to Sony costing 150euro as I was out of warranty

All they did was replace the Hard drive..

So I would take this as an opportunity to upgrade your hard drive..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M1UQQT5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is it a big job to replace hard drive? I have the playstation about 5 years I'd say so it is probably not going to last me that much longer even if I do replace harddrive.

Is it a big job to replace hard drive? I have the playstation about 5 years I'd say so it is probably not going to last me that much longer even if I do replace harddrive.

Takes about 5 mins to replace the hd,you have to reinstall the playstation software on first boot(from a usb stick),then just log into your psn profile and reinstall your games and apps..(this takes the longest)

There are hundreds of how to videos up on youtube how to do it,make sure you get the large install file from the playstation website (approx. 900mb in size)

from the sony site:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/storage---data/upgrade-playstation-4-hdd/

And

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Takes about 5 mins to replace the hd,you have to reinstall the playstation software on first boot(from a usb stick),then just log into your psn profile and reinstall your games and apps..(this takes the longest)

There are hundreds of how to videos up on youtube how to do it,make sure you get the large install file from the playstation website (approx. 900mb in size)

from the sony site:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/storage---data/upgrade-playstation-4-hdd/

And

I'll have a look at that. Thanks for the help :)

• Advertisement

I'll have a look at that. Thanks for the help :)

Im curious to know if this sorted your issue?

Advertisement