Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile data dropping

• 01-08-2018 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Got a new phone last Saturday, an upgrade fro Huawei p9 to p20. Ever since my phone will connect perfectly to WiFi, but problem comes when I am not connected to WiFi., the mobile data drops.

It's very frustrating, and if I go into settings and change the automatic carrier selection to manual and hit in meteor 3g instead it connects, and the connects straight to 4g, will stay for a few hours then drop again and I need to do it all over.

Another thing, meteor is still showing up as my data and mobile network, which is strange because they are gone so long at this stage!

Any idea what this could be!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

flas wrote: »
    Got a new phone last Saturday, an upgrade fro Huawei p9 to p20. Ever since my phone will connect perfectly to WiFi, but problem comes when I am not connected to WiFi., the mobile data drops.

It's very frustrating, and if I go into settings and change the automatic carrier selection to manual and hit in meteor 3g instead it connects, and the connects straight to 4g, will stay for a few hours then drop again and I need to do it all over.

Another thing, meteor is still showing up as my data and mobile network, which is strange because they are gone so long at this stage!

Any idea what this could be!?
    Hi flas ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

*If you PM me your full name and your account number I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

Hi flas ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

*If you PM me your full name and your account number I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

It also won't let me sign into eir sport just mobile and when I try to log into my eir it accepts my email and my password but then the very next screen says this number is no longer in service??? Any help as I'm paying for services I can't use and you never got back to me today..

It also won't let me sign into eir sport just mobile and when I try to log into my eir it accepts my email and my password but then the very next screen says this number is no longer in service??? Any help as I'm paying for services I can't use and you never got back to me today..

So yer just not replying now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

So yer just not replying now??
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

So the problem with the mobile data continually dropping persists, and still nothing done about it, brought it back to shop, changed sim, told that will work, hasn't, shop said they don't know and to ring technical support.. Rang technical support, they said they don't know what problem is, that it's been logged and will take 10 days, the mobile sport app is working but a lot of good when my data keeps dropping and I have to manually reset it every single day 3 or 4 times... And I'm paying for this? Its a joke

• Advertisement
Advertisement