Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4.5M and 4.0M Players

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If Arsenal find some form, and he holds down a starting place, I could see Guendouzi becoming a must have midfielder. Only 4.5, I can't see any better value with a team that will most likely win more than they lose over the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Neoulous wrote: »
    Don't tell me about Peltier :mad:!

Played him for the first 2 GWs with AWB first def sub. 20 pts diff! Of course these are the things to expect with £4.0m players but I feel very hard done by him here...

He didn't play last week so you would have AWB come on for him anyway, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

razorblunt wrote: »
    He didn't play last week so you would have AWB come on for him anyway, no?

AWB was sent off that week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Shedite27 wrote: »
    AWB was sent off that week

Bah, of course!
    You'd think I'd remember that, having him and Doherty in my starting backline for GW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If Arsenal find some form, and he holds down a starting place, I could see Guendouzi becoming a must have midfielder. Only 4.5, I can't see any better value with a team that will most likely win more than they lose over the season.

He looks very much like a defensive/holding midfielder though. He's never scored a senior goal (granted he only has about 50 appearances, but he didn't even score in French second tier).

If his place is nailed down then he could be a decent new "Two Point Tom" option as bench fodder but I'd be surprised if he ever became "must have"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Morzadec wrote: »
    He looks very much like a defensive/holding midfielder though. He's never scored a senior goal (granted he only has about 50 appearances, but he didn't even score in French second tier).

If his place is nailed down then he could be a decent new "Two Point Tom" option as bench fodder but I'd be surprised if he ever became "must have"

Yeah I love what I've seen of him so far, could fast become a fans favourite, just not a viable FPL option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Morzadec wrote: »

I did say if he holds down a starting place. Arsenal should keep a good few clean sheets against bottom half teams which is an extra point when they do. Playing in central midfield for a team which will have more possession in a lot of games has the potential for the odd bonus point. The other 4.5 options play for weaker teams and most get limited game time so not even a "two point Tom". Yes his points return will be limited but I don't see anyone with as much points scoring potential in that price bracket. He will sit on my bench 90% of the time.

Advertisement