Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return Postage

Options
  • 01-08-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a car part online & the page clearly shows that this is the correct part for my vehicle. It's not & the retailer says that there are two options & had I scrolled down several items I would of seen the other type. I said that they should warn customers before they order.

They will refund but not the postage & it will be 50% of the item price due to weight. Apart from a bad revue is there anything I can do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Discodog wrote: »
    I bought a car part online & the page clearly shows that this is the correct part for my vehicle. It's not & the retailer says that there are two options & had I scrolled down several items I would of seen the other type. I said that they should warn customers before they order.

They will refund but not the postage & it will be 50% of the item price due to weight. Apart from a bad revue is there anything I can do ?

I had the same experience with an online car parts seller - with 'garage' in their name. I thought it unfair that, despite entering my car reg and being directed to the part, it was not suitable for my vehicle. My vehicle was the mark 2 version (or the mark 1, I still don't know). I was unaware that there were versions of my car. I thought the parts seller would have flagged that.

I was wrong but I never bought from them again. I buy from a local motor factors now instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

KaneToad wrote: »
    I had the same experience with an online car parts seller - with 'garage' in their name. I thought it unfair that, despite entering my car reg and being directed to the part, it was not suitable for my vehicle. My vehicle was the mark 2 version (or the mark 1, I still don't know). I was unaware that there were versions of my car. I thought the parts seller would have flagged that.

I was wrong but I never bought from them again. I buy from a local motor factors now instead.

Same seller & same problem

I have issued a complaint via Paypal. In my case you wouldn't know until you removed the old part. A simple note, on the listing, would of prevented this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Absolute disgrace from them and if it is advertised that it is suitable for your vehicle and it ends up not being suitable, they are obliged by law to refund the postage.

The crazy this is that it would cost them about €4 to do this as they operate on bulk rates.

Their customer service is utterly appalling and after my own experience a couple of years ago, I would never ever use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

The company in question tends to also buy items from Europe for Irish/UK models.
    Which catches them out if the part is dependent on which side of the car the steering wheel is on.
    Customer service isn't one of their priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well they are digging their heels in over €4. I went to a motor factor in Galway, got the correct pads & they were cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement