Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Manager - Looking to rent room in Dublin - 6 months

Options
  • 01-08-2018 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi There,

I contract as an IT Programme Manager and recently landed a new role in Dublin City centre (Upper Baggot Street area, south side). I'm looking to rent a room for 3-4 nights a week (Monday - Thursday).

I'm from Co. Clare and plan to return home each Thursday evening to be with my family and work from there on Fridays, returning to Dublin again on Monday mornings. Basically looking for a place to lie my head for three nights, so you'll hardly see me!

My contract is for six months but as in these types of roles there's always risk that they may end sooner so I'm looking for a month to month contract if possible.

I'm interested in locations up-to 5km from the city centre and will be ready to move in between August 13th - 20th (2018).

A little about myself: I'm very easy going and enjoy a good conversation and laugh! You'll be glad to hear that I'm very domesticated and take pride in keeping a clean and organised house, I'm the housekeeper at home !! (-:

If your interested in discussing this with me please contact me here by clicking on my ID and sending me a private message.

Looking forward to hearing from you shortly.

Regards,
    Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

tc_eire wrote: »
    Hi There,

I contract as an IT Programme Manager and recently landed a new role in Dublin City centre. I'm looking to rent a room for 3-4 nights a week (Monday - Thursday).

I'm from Co. Clare and plan to return home each Thursday evening to be with my family and work from there on Fridays, returning to Dublin again on Monday mornings. Basically looking for a place to lie my head for three nights, so you'll hardly see me!

My contract is for six months but as in these types of roles there's always risk that they may end sooner so I'm looking for a month to month contract if possible.

I'm interested in locations up-to 5km from the city centre and will be ready to move in between August 13th - 20th (2018).

A little about myself: I'm very easy going and enjoy a good conversation and laugh! You'll be glad to hear that I'm very domesticated and take pride in keeping a clean and organised house, I'm the housekeeper at home !! (-:

If your interested in discussing this with me please contact me here by clicking on my ID and sending me a private message.

Looking forward to hearing from you shortly.

Regards,
    Tony
    Gumtree.ie is good for advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tc_eire

Thanks, I will try that.

Regards,
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I would venture to say that you are the ideal tenant for someone that has a room to let but doesnt want to be landed with some cowboy who spends the weekend on the beer in Dublin.

Daft did have a facility for advertising such request but no longer. I suggest, as the previous poster did, just get your ad out there on Gumtree, Done Deal etc and other such sites.
    It might even be worth putting it in such publications as the free Dublin Southside papers or on the noticeboard in supermarkets on the southside. There are plenty people who would welcome the extra cash

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

There's a website for this getdigs.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Do you need cooking facilities?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Bed and breakfast or a single room in a hostel? Or airbnb. I'm also from Clare a was doing something similar to you for a few weeks last year. Hostel worked out the cheapest option for me at the time. Of course if you want to cook your own meals that's another issue but your spoiled for choice for eating out in Dublin and it can be as cheap or expensive as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lmarieloos

It might be worth looking at somewhere like this http://latchfords.ie/ as those rooms have cooking facilities and it is located on Baggot Street

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You can go further afield if you want to save a bit of money. Northside DART line will have you into Grand Canal Dock in around 20 minutes from say Raheny, Baggot street is then a 15 minute walk. Alternatively there is an excellent cycle route down the coast although it's not so great the last click or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

PM sent

Advertisement