Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast (done Titanic and bus tour before)

Options
  • 01-08-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

So the girlfriend and I are heading up to Belfast for the night on Sunday. I'm wondering what is best to do and see considering we did the Titanic museum and a sightseeing tour.

I would love to get some other tourist stuff in before heading out for a dinner etc at night.

We could also do some things on Monday too as our coach home isn't until 3:30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

The Crumlin Gaol tour is very good - it starts early enough in the morning so you could easily do it on the Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

robo wrote: »
    The Crumlin Gaol tour is very good - it starts early enough in the morning so you could easily do it on the Monday morning

Thank you. That looks cool. Also the Ulster museum band queens university could be done on Sunday I guess :)

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Thank you. That looks cool. Also the Ulster museum band queens university could be done on Sunday I guess :)

Yep was up there also, worth a visit but the Gaol is definitely a must. The one thing that Belfast people do so well is story telling, cos its still so raw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

The SS Nomadic is very good (better than the titanic museum IMO). Also if the weather is nice, a stroll through botanic gardens, visiting the greenhouse, and maybe the Ulster museum next door. Its also right beside Queens.

I think I seen the ss nomadic while in a tour bus last year there in the Titanic quarter.

Botanical gardens also interests me.

I think I'll do all of the above mentioned. Busy day and a half ahead :)

Thanks alot guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Have you thought about doing the W5 thing? It's aimed at kids...but it's great for big kids too :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Have you thought about doing the W5 thing? It's aimed at kids...but it's great for big kids too :D

Looks like great fun for big kids :D might try that out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

HMS Caroline well worth a visit in you're in the Titanic Quarter

Botanical gardens and the Ulster museum we're great. Great ways to spend an afternoon in Belfast! The botanic area in general was really nice.

BeardySi wrote: »
    HMS Caroline well worth a visit in you're in the Titanic Quarter

That's a great ship & brilliant for all ages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement