Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Ban

Options
  • 01-08-2018 5:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭

I'm a little bit offended. I made a legitimate thread in After Hours about predicting potential terrorists by mathematical means. In other words, a formula which can predict if someone is a terrorist or not.

After my thread being closed and me being banned from After Hours, I have received several PMs from users telling me about formulas they have devised and how governments do this type of thing.

I feel it was pretty rude. Closing the thread is one thing, but banning me from After Hours for 'discrimination' is offensive. Whether I dislike Muslims or not has nothing to do with the thread in question, it was about terrorism and the potential signs and how it is predicted by governments.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

Yes, I have. Nixonbot agreed that it was harsh and said he would shorten the ban; I declined.

I feel like the ban was not justified.
    Ideally, I'd like to be unbanned and my thread to be brought back too, or at the very least allow me re-post a new one without getting warned by him.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Very well. I will alert the CMods to this appeal

Beasty wrote: »
    Very well. I will alert the CMods to this appeal

Alright sound. Hopefully a neutral point of view will help NixonBot to see sense.

Do I need to post our private messages here? They will sort of further my point.

Do I need to post our private messages here? They will sort of further my point.
    You can post them here, or be prepared to forward them to the CMod who pick this up. The choice is yours

• Advertisement

Well..... Here goes nothing:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    For a man who moderates the social & fun forums, you sure aren't a lot of fun. :/
    Because raging about Muslims is so uplifting?

lol, tbh.

I wasn't though... I wanted a fun discussion about a formula to determine if someone is a terrorist. I'm mostly just annoyed about my thread being closed, it was a really fun discussion.
    There was no way that thread was ever going to be "fun". Muslims, terrorism, mathematical formulae to "weed out good people"? That is not fun.

Look, I've tried my best, the starting point would have been to reduce the ban, but you're giving me absolutely nothing to work with here, so why should I even do that?

I don't feel like reducing the ban is sufficient enough tbh. I feel really offended that you would accuse me of hating Muslims?
    I didn't say you hated Muslims, you're just making stuff up now. I've pointed out the offending pieces, I've only ever gone with that. Now, I'm going home, if you want to change tack I'm all for it. So far, not good.

Yes, just unban me and re-open the thread or let me make a new one.
    Right, I'm out.

What?

Take your chances in DRP is what I'm saying. Up to the Cmods now.

And some more.....:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Done. Am I supposed to mention the name of the moderator who banned me (you) as some sort of name & shame policy or do we keep that anonymous?

Anyway, I find this whole thing to be a little bit ridiculous. When an admin unbans me, is there any sort of protection from you banning me in the future assuming there is some bias at place? Just curious.
    Name away buddy, I don't care.

No protections, I followed the charter. You'll do well to disprove that, good luck.

Honestly, it wasn't an ounce of discrimination. So you didn't follow the charter. Why are you being like this?

I quote you:
    There is certainly a high percentage chance that they are terrorists but we still need to decide how to weed out any potential 'good' Muslims.

Textbook. Saying there's a high chance they're terrorists - discrimination. There's more in that one line, somehow.

Well yes, compared to other people they have a much higher change to be terrorists. It's not discrimination, that's a fact. I simply cited a fact. How is citing a fact discrimination?

No no, that's not what you said. You said that Muslims have a high chance of being a terrorist. You didn't mention anyone else.

Anyway, we're done here, as you've opened a DRP appeal.

Okay, well I stand by what I said, as it's a fact. Muslims have a high chance of being terrorist. 'High' being much higher than the average chance a person would be. This is ridiculous. Just admit you're wrong please I don't want to be banned over something like this. Saying Muslims have a high chance of being a terrorist is very fair considering they have a higher chance the the average person.

I'm not saying they're like a 60% chance of being a terrorist.

Also when I'm talking about terrorist, I clearly clarify that I mean terrorist tendencies, not actually terrorists carrying out attacks. So the percentage of Muslims who abide by these terrorist tendencies is actually extremely high, considering Sharia Law is supported by a vast majority of Muslims, and Sharia Law has been publicly criticized for being radical and terroristic.
    The very fact you said you want to weed out the "good ones" instead of the "bad ones" (there's another example from one line of text) shows me exactly what you think, and does not induce me to lift the ban one bit. Now like I said, we're done here go through DRP.

And then here is the last of it:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Nixonbot wrote:
    Dear donaldtramp,

You have been permanently banned from After Hours for posting material that is Not Safe For Work (NSFW).

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Nixonbot

Moderator Note

You are not welcome here.

Your post:
    Does anyone have a decent formula for this type of thing?
    I have gathered a lot of data by watching his daily life so even complex formulae requiring a lot of input would still be fine.

So what's the general guidelines for this type of stuff? Do we take age into account, are men more likely than women, etc? Has anyone created some sort of AI model capable of predicting this kind of stuff.

Hi, I can't appeal this ban there.
    Not sure why this is 'NSFW', it was a simple discussion, nothing inappropriate about it?

There is certainly a high percentage chance that they are terrorists but we still need to decide how to weed out any potential 'good' Muslims.

Racism, sectarianism, call it what you want, that stuff is ban-worthy, so I obliged.

Well the discussion was mostly about a topical issue. In a lot of countries that isn't considered to be sectarianism.

It's a legitimate political belief. On top of this, I was only discussing this from a mathematical point of view when posting.

Initially I was a bit wary of the touchiness of this topic, but it was immediately responded to by a mod who engaged in the topic so I assumed this was fine? Why are you censoring political beliefs, and even still, I wasn't discussing this on a political level....

Cabaal isn't an AH mod, it's irrelevant.

No, it isn't a "legitimate political belief". The "mathematical point of view", right. Load of ****e that.

I'm censoring you because your posts were against both the boards.ie terms of use, and the After Hours charter. Fairly straightforward.

Right I'm going to step in here rather than waste a CMods time looking at this specific issue. You have now picked up 4 forum bans and a card in the past 3 days. I put you on probation for your trolling behaviour just over 6 months ago, but you pretty much ceased posting until that probation period was over. You were warned over your future behaviour after your last site ban. In the space of less than 200 posts you have picked up 4 cards, 6 forum bans and 2 sitebans

To cap it all you start this thread in AH
    "Predicting the likehood that the Muslim next door is a terrorist?"

This site is clearly not for you and I am permanently removing posting privileges

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Apologies for the delay, I will look at this today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Just noticed the user is banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Indeed they are. Closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement