Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Passport application

Options
  • 01-08-2018 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    I am flying from Germany to the US this Saturday and while checking my Documents I saw that my US Passport expired last month.
    I am dual citizen, but since im Flying to the US I think im required to travel with a valid US Passport.
    I checked online and found that I could apply for a emergency passport at my closest consulate (which would be in Frankfurt).
    I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning but wanted to check that I have everything I need to be able to apply for an emergency Passport.

1.They need proof that I travel on Saturday, like my boarding Pass and such.

2.They require me to fill out form DS-11 (since my expired Passport was from when I was 15 years old), which I already did.

2.Then they require Evidence of US-Citizenship, so my expired Passport.

3.Now here is my question, they are asking for a "Photocopy of Evidence of U.S. Citizenship".
    This is the info I am given:

"Submit a photocopy of the front (and back, if there is printed information) of the U.S. citizenship evidence you’re submitting.
    Photocopies must be:
    • Legible
    • On white 8.5”x11” standard paper
    • Black and white
    • Single-sided
    If you don't want to submit a photocopy of your citizenship evidence, you may submit a second certified copy of your citizenship evidence, which we will keep. If you don’t submit a photocopy or a second certified copy of your citizenship evidence, your passport processing could be delayed."

Is this Photocopy a Copy I do myself at home or do I have to go somewhere to get it? If so where would I get one in Germany?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Couldnt really advise as to a passport as I got my US Passport in the states so didnt have a paper size problem. But I have submitted diffrent forms over the years to the Embassy and USCIS on A4 and never had a problem. I would call the embassy to check to be safe but since they are in Germany they are probably used to getting stuff on A4. I think they are saying photocopy your birth cert if its american or Naturalisation certificate and yes you can do that yourself. Your expired passport is also proof of citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

Yes, you can make the photocopy yourself. Just photocopy the photo page of your passport (or just scan it in high quality and print it out if you don't have a copier or multifunction), and make sure everything is legible in the photocopy.

Advertisement