Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e mail closing

Options
  • 01-08-2018 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I got an email saying your closing my email account on 15th August.  Is this real?  If it is I've go flights etc booked later in the year and I've used my Eir email to book them.  Can you please let me know what's happening.

Cheers

Keith Adams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

I got the same email but my husband who also has an account got nothing. The link provided takes me back to login.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

They closed mine last year. Caused loads of problems for me as I had a few accounts set up using that email and then couldn't access them. Redicolous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

linpoo wrote: »
    They closed mine last year. Caused loads of problems for me as I had a few accounts set up using that email and then couldn't access them. Redicolous
    Hi linpoo ,

You can contact our Tech Team at 1890260260. Just provide only the Eircom email address & they won't ask for your account details Alternatively, you can contact them at wmsupport@eir.ie from an alternate email address and they will be able to assist you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kja1888

linpoo wrote: »
    Hi linpoo ,

You can contact our Tech Team at 1890260260. Just provide only the Eircom email address & they won't ask for your account details Alternatively, you can contact them at wmsupport@eir.ie from an alternate email address and they will be able to assist you.

Thanks

Thomas
    What about my original question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭kala85

Can eir reps on boards not just check this out within the company and come on here with a definite answer?  What about one call or one thread solution and taking ownership of the problem ?

I got this email as well , but personally I think it is a spam / fraud email as there was a few spelling mistakes in the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kja1888

kala85 wrote: »
    Can eir reps on boards not just check this out within the company and come on here with a definite answer?  What about one call or one thread solution and taking ownership of the problem ?

I got this email as well , but personally I think it is a spam / fraud email as there was a few spelling mistakes in the email.
    Me too, but it would be nice to know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

I received a similar message saying that my mailbox exceeded storage and I had to re-validate my address by logging in.
    However, the link takes you a moonfruit.com website that has a mock-up of Eir's webmail screen and will steal your address and password combination if you try to log in. None of the other links on the screen are active. Be careful with such emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

I got that email about exceeding storage as well. Looking at the latest email I agree it is a scam. Most of the links aren’t active and one takes me to the website of an Australian surf school!
    I’ve changed my password to be on the safe side but it would be reassuring if Eir could confirm they have no plans to close accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi everyone

I will contact the department that deals with all this and see what they say.

I made sure to include all your posts here

-Kyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi everyone

We have received confirmation that those are spamming e-mails.  Please disregard any of those mails and do not to respond to it. We will be posting an update on this very soon here

-Kyle

• Advertisement
Advertisement