Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxious about proposed Garda interview

• 01-08-2018 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,there was allegations made against me from last year and a garda came to my house asked me questions but told me theres no proof and not to be worried about it.the garda then said worst case scenario is that he would have to interview me.i was told i would be contacted by monday it is now wednesday and im getting worried that its serious. Should i be worried or does it mean that its less serious the slower it takes to be contacted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have you spoken to a solicitor? If not it's your first call in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tim o connor

Have you spoken to a solicitor? If not it's your first call in the morning.

No not yet they asked me would i like one present in my home.they were saying we just have to ask these questions to move forward i answered them. The garda said i will need one if i am interviewed but they made it sound like they just need to hear my side of it until they ring me and let me know what is happening.
    Thank you for the reply just worried is all im a nervous person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Its really a judgment call for you ,
    If you know what its about and know the allegations are non sence and wont stand up to examination and you are not beig arrested then speaking truthfully and honestly with the gardai is probably a good idea. If your being arrested and detained for a video interview then ya should speak to a solicitor,

on the other hand some solicitors will advise no comment all the way when a explanation would make the situation clear and show that you have no case to answer , but if it goes to court remember the solicitor gets paid the longer the issue drags on.

Advertisement