Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

• 01-08-2018 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Put it like this. In the 3 years my daughter has been in creche, her behaviour has been questioned just once when she bit a child and it never happened again. Apart from that she gets glowing reports. I'm typing this because you need a comparison. Most kids don't get singled out by staff unless their child is consistently being an arsehole.

That said, does he have any hearing troubles? That can cause a lot of problems.

Is he the same at home? Do you maybe just say 'boys will be boys!' to each other when he acts up? If so, that's not acceptable. If not, listen to what he says about the creche. Does he talk about his friends in creche? Does he tell about you his reactions to other children's behaviour? After you drop him into creche, observe him from outside the classroom if possible (without being seen). That should give you an indication. You might have to wait a few minutes.

If he keeps saying he's sorry then he's probably done something very naughty.

Some people will go down the 'boys will be boys' route as an excuse. It's not an excuse any more. I've seen many perfectly well behaved boys who cause no trouble, and I've seen one or two arseholes who take up the teachers time and energy that could be better used for the other kids.

In short, pay attention to his behaviour in creche without being observed (do it a couple of times). If that confirms what the teachers say then you can take better action to prevent it.

Teachers don't haul parents in for meetings for a laugh. Find out more about whats going on and sort it, otherwise you'll be asked to find another creche.

Oh and btw, the creche could be overreacting, but the problem is that there's lots of kids in your sons class and he may (for various reasons) be taking up more of their time than other kids. Creches don't like that as it means more headaches for them. If you're really concerned, ask to see the CCTV footage of a specific incident (that's what it's there for) to confirm or deny the problem. What you really need it to see this problem with your own eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I would hear one name mentioned every single day by my children. They have no filter so it was usually ""Jack" was being naughty again". You've said yourself he's boisterous and there were incidents with a previous service. You need to work with the creche to sort out his behaviour or you'll be in every day about something. And my children didn't want "Jack" over for play dates or at their parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,449 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I had to sign an incident form the other day a girl gave one of my chaps a good bite on the hand there all about 3. He's no angel so didn't phase me in the slightest just wondered what he did first certainly wasn't going to complain the girl I'm sure some would like you've found out.

I wouldn't worry to much about it, there's a tale of woe every day from the creche somebody always hops someone or not talking to each other etc.

My 4yr old always apologies (his guilt worrys me a bit he gets really sad about being bold even just a little wrong) 3yr old just sticks out his tounge and laughs at you.
    I don't think there's any fear of being expelled he'll figure it out some day maybe with a little help from a girl with sharp teeth : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,449 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Someone else said hearing above get that checked and also does he need glasses, check it out. He could be getting disruptive because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

My daughter is a child care worker. I can't speak for every creche but hers definitely wouldn't single out a child for no reason or bend the truth just to justify something. From time to time they have a child that is more difficult to manage. They try everything to help him /her fit in, moving from one room to another & trying different teachers. Sometimes they get lucky and the child might settle in a new room or take to a particular teacher. They will genuinely try everything. On rare occasions (maybe once a year) they have to ask the parents to find a new creche.

I hate to see threads like this. It must be very difficult for you especially if the thread continues & everyone sides with the school. I just wanted to tell you how my daughters creche works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Opening post is deleted. Not much point continuing with the thread if people can't read what it's about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Opening post is deleted. Not much point continuing with the thread if people can't read what it's about

Very true. Drive by posting is annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement