Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch alarm driving me mad

Options
  • 01-08-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi

Just moved into a house which has an alarm installed. It's a PhoneWatch monitored alarm that the previous owner had been using right up until she moved out. The installation date is in 1995 so it's quite an old model.

A speaker is attached to the wall above the system and it has started making a constant grumbling sound that's driving me mad. With the alarm set to "off" I removed the front panel from the speaker. This set off the alarm even though it was already switched to off.

Has anyone any ideas?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Send a photo of the main panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gat Dayum! wrote: »
    Hi

Just moved into a house which has an alarm installed. It's a PhoneWatch monitored alarm that the previous owner had been using right up until she moved out. The installation date is in 1995 so it's quite an old model.

A speaker is attached to the wall above the system and it has started making a constant grumbling sound that's driving me mad. With the alarm set to "off" I removed the front panel from the speaker. This set off the alarm even though it was already switched to off.

Has anyone any ideas?

Many thanks

Speaker needs to be replaced.
    You could also disconnect the speaker and just use the one in the panel.

Advertisement