Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House changed names

Options
  • 02-08-2018 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

We are very interested in a house and last night went to see another house in the same area with a different EA, we told him we love the other house and the mentioned it had a history, I questioned him and he said maybe they’ve changed the name of the house.
    How can we find out more about this house if it’s changed names?
    It was only built in 2001 so it’s not that old.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you mean something bad might have happened in the house, a search in newspapers might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

First rule of house hunting - the estate agent is a lying baxtard.

As above, a quick search for terms like "<estate name>" and "court" will often bring up any details of issues like people having been killed or or whatever.

Most likely though the estate agent was trying to sour you off the house so you'd be more open to buying his one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The estate agent is hardly going to say " ah **** the house I'm selling. Its a heap of rubbish. Go off and buy the one my competitor is selling"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭denismc

Sounds like a sales pitch tbh.
    Saying that, make sure to het an engineer to survey any house you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Probably bollox.

But nevertheless you should find someone with a link to the neighbourhood and send them into the pub on an information gathering mission, just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I always googled the name of the estate when we were making a offer

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Knock into a neighbour's house, and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Just knock into a neighboring house and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

beertons wrote: »
    Knock into a neighbour's house, and ask them.

Sorry, hadn't seen your post. Great minds n all that :pac:

Advertisement