Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent pressure zone for Limerick City

Options
  • 02-08-2018 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Limerick City will ever be included for the rent pressure zone? The city recorded the highest increase in rent last year in the country and continues to be up near the highest growth in the country.

I just find it incredible that places in Louth, Meath and Wicklow can have it yet the 3rd largest city in the country is ignored.

I have family in Limerick renting and they have been crippled with their rent increasing over the last year by so much, and so many of their friends too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

AFAIK there are defined criteria for creating a Rent Pressure Zone. I think it requires annual rent inflation above 7% for 4 consecutive quarters, and the average rent for the area to be above the national average rent. If Limerick does not meet the criteria, it wont be made a RPZ.

Advertisement